Monday, May 22, 2017

More Little People and Their Clothes

The French Back-to-school Cardigan for Lukas is done.



Here's Carter, modeling it with the shorts I made to go with it. I made it according to the pattern, but added in an extra increase row before stopping the increases at the front neck edge. I used Palette in Edamame. 

I also made some 3/4 length pants and a hat.



Now I'm working on a Fair Isle sweater for him, according to the pattern I designed as a first steeking project. I have the body almost ready for the steeks. 




I want to get the steeks done at least before we leave town with the trailer (probably June 1st), because I don't want to take the sewing machine along. I can finish it, and knit other projects for the dolls, but this will be the only project that requires the machine until I'm ready to start working on the wardrobe for the two dolls for Habitat for Humanity and my house block for them. I hope to be able to leave the clothes for Lukas in Oregon on our June visit so I don't have to mail them for Soren's birthday in July.

The colorway I'm using was inspired by the slimmer version of the design made by one of my online friends, Pam Elliott. Here it is as a pullover on her Hannah:




And as a cardigan on her Katie.


The colors are perfect for these two redheads, but I think it will look good on Lukas, too. I had to switch out two of the yarn colors because I didn't have them, but the overall color scheme is close. I also worked the colors in a slightly different order. It's fun playing with the colors.

I ordered a Katie for Daphne for Christmas. I wanted to be sure they didn't run out, as they aren't making this doll anymore. 

With the sewing (except for the steeks) done for Lukas, I cleaned up the dining room, where I had been sewing, because Dusty doesn't think he can go down the stairs, and I would have to watch him down there in the fiber studio anyway.

Common Threads met at Lynda's. She had finished a scarf made from some of the yarn she picked up at the Unraveled Sheep after our visit to the Utah Quilting and Sewing Marketplace a couple of weeks ago. They're closing down the end of this month, so there was a big sale.



I Lynda's scarf might be this pattern. The yarn has the sequins already attached.

We had a nice visit. Lynda made scones, and we had cut-up fruit and yoghurt.

I'm still sewing the binding on the Kaleidoscope quilt.

We had a break in the weather on Saturday, so we went back to Run-A-Muk Dog Park for another run (for the dogs) and stroll (for us) along the trail.


They had a lot of fun with the dogs they met along the way.


The rest of my business this week was pretty boring: annual physical, pneumonia shot, etc., but church on Sunday was fun, because we got to sing some pieces I had practiced before Sunday. (I do better with a little preparation.)

Sunday afternoon we went to the final opera of the season here. It was Don Giovanni. The music and the performances were outstanding, but the sets and costumes were in Film Noir style in black, white and grey. They were beautifully done, but the juxtaposition was distracting and jarring in connection with this opera, which was partly about class differences, an aspect that disappeared in a 1940s-'50s era US setting. (We had class differences then, but they didn't show up, either.)


What's on my needles: Fair Isle sweater for Lukas.

What's on my Featherweight:
 Waiting to sew the steeks for the Fair Isle sweater for Lukas.

What's on my loom: Still waiting.

What's on my wheel: Stanzi also still waiting.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Ties that Bind by Marie Bostwick. Some reviewers found it a little overly religious. I thought it was fitting, because one of the two main characters was a female pastor. Now Reading Dawn at Emberwilde by Sarah E. Ladd. On the Kindle app, I’m still reading Dying to Read, The Cate Kinkaid Files Book #1.

What's in my wine glass: Hardy's Shiraz, in the box. Nyeh.

What's my tip of the week: Have an old electric toothbrush brush? Don't throw it away. You can use it and your electric toothbrush to clean areas around your faucets and sink drains. Just don't forget to switch back to your designated toothbrush brush before you get ready to brush your teeth.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment