Monday, May 8, 2017

Gatherings

This week's activities included a trip to the Utah Quilting & Sewing Marketplace. 


My friend and neighbor Lynda and I drove down to the show. We met Karan and Margareth there, and ran into Brenda while there. I posted the photos I took in a separate blog, but here's just a taste.




If you follow the link you'll see many of the quilts that were on exhibit, but if I had taken a photo of all of them, I would have had to stay there another day and done nothing but take photos.

There were other things to see besides quilts, including a number of vendors. I was attracted to this embroidery machine (it attracted my attention because of the Steampunk butterfly motif).


During the week, I finished Vroni's cropped sweater.


I packed it up with the doll clothes and some other stuff for Daphne's birthday. It should have arrived already. When I got home from the PO, I found the kitty. Oops! I'll send it in the next package.

I was participating in the Debonair Designs knit-along (KAL) for the knitted petticoat and something else knitted (our choice), paired in an outfit. For the rest of the outfit I made another Mirabella Cardigan, this time in Orange.


Here's the dress by itself. I took the yoke dress from Joan Hinds' The Best Doll Clothes Book and lengthened the bodice. 



I think Mandy got worn out with all the fittings. She had to sit in my Shaker rocker for a bit.



Another Saturday...another protest. [Sigh!] This time, we and the pups are demonstrating to try to protect Bears Ears National Monument. Authorities estimated we had more than a thousand people present at the rally in front of the Capitol Building.


Bears Ears is a site full of structures made by Native Americans centuries ago.




I would like my grandchildren to be able to visit these sites as my children visited Hadrian's Wall and Fishbourne Palace in the UK. I can't believe people will allow these sites to be damaged by exploitation by energy companies, not to mention the exotic beauty of the landscape. Of course, I think our most wonderful National Monuments were build by God.(Don't get me started! OK, I got myself started. Sorry. No, I'm not really sorry. This is important.)

Speaking of landscape. Our gardener came back and put in an appearance. This is the one who prunes our wild roses and aspen trees. (The squirrels change the location of our bulbs, always an improvement.)



What's on my needles: Waiting to CO for...?

What's on my Featherweight:
 More doll clothes, maybe some shorts for Zachary Jr.

What's on my loom: Still waiting.

What's on my wheel: Stanzi also still waiting.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. Then listened to Sleep Tight by Rachel Abbott, another nail-biting mystery. On the Kindle app, I’m still reading Dying to Read, The Cate Kinkaid Files Book #1.

What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Malbec, a staple. Same as last week. I have had some other wines since last week, seriously.

What's my tip of the week: Vacuuming frequently helps prevent moth damage.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment