Monday, April 2, 2012

High Fiber—Waiting for Baby

I'm knitting little things:



It's a pair of socks for me, out of Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in "Fiji." The Dogwood Blossoms sweater is too difficult to work on with Miss Daphne in the room. She had to take each ball of yarn out of the bag, and a couple of times pulled the sts out of my needles. The socks are easier to hold onto and walk around with. The pattern is from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks.

We're still waiting for the stork to arrive. He has made a few passes over the house but hasn't landed yet.

The family has been enjoying some spring-like weather. Rocky and Sunny are enjoying the yard and playing with Daphne.



She likes to work. Here she is weeding the garden. She's picking dandelions out of the flower beds.



Speaking of Daphne, the Peapod Cardigan I made for her a few months ago still fits:



I'll keep you informed of the arrival of the stork, when it happens.

As a public service announcement, Karen Combs has had some quilts stolen. If you have seen any of them, please let her know. Her website with photos of the missing quilts is here: http://karencombs.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/quilts-stolen/

What's on my needles: Fiji Socks, as in photo above.
What's on my wheel: My wheel is languishing at home, but I have my Golding Tsunami with me with some Ashford merino and silk in "Mulberry."
What's on my iPad: Still reading Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin. I read a chapter every night at bedtime on the Kindle app.
What's my app of the week: iBooks, where we have The Berenstain Bears' New Baby, which we have been reading over and over. Daphne knows how to turn the pages.
What's in my wine glass: Charles Shaw (aka "Two Buck Chuck") Shiraz 2010, since DH made a run to Rochester, MN, to Trader Joe's.

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment