Monday, April 16, 2012

High Fiber—Bye, Bye, Babies!

Time to say goodbye to little Zachary:

After the first few nights, he settled into a nice schedule of his own, only waking his parents at 3:00 AM, Mommy to feed and Daddy to change. He has long periods in the daytime when he's awake and alert, and seems unusually responsive to people. He clearly enjoys interacting with his grandparents.
And goodbye to Miss Daphne, too, of course:

I will miss playing with her in the back yard.
It has been a busy week, ending with Zachary's Bris on Sunday.

We had guests for an open house. Some brought presents for Zachary and Daphne. Then family members arrived, including the other grandparents and one aunt. Other family members who couldn't be there attended the Bris by Skype. The Bris was only for family.

Tomorrow we leave to go on to visit DS1 and DDIL1 in Indiana before returning home. I should be able to get some knitting done in the car. I know what I'm going to do for the quilt for the baby still to arrive. More on that later!
What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms sweater, and the Fiji socks.
What's on my iPad: On The iPod app, still A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin from the library. We'll resume listening on the road. I'm still reading Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin. Almost done! Not much reading time, though.
What's my app of the week: Pocket Pond, one of my favorite apps! Daphne is old enough to really appreciate it now. She can feed the fish and add the fish, lily pads and dragonflies. I have the free version.
What's in my wine glass: Long Lake Cabernet Sauvignon 2009. A nice wine we can't get in Utah.
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment