Sunday, April 22, 2012

High Fiber—Traveling Stitches

Yes, we're traveling again. We had a nice visit with DS1 and DDIL1 before heading back to Utah.



DDIL1 and I visited the Little Scrap Quilt Shop, in Kokomo, Indiana. We found a nice selection of fabrics and notions, and learned that they will arrange classes of your choice if you line up two or more friends to take the class with you.



They have a nice space for the classes:



The owners of the shop were busy rearranging things when we were there, but they had things together enough that we could get some photos.

Of course, some FQs threw themselves at us before we could escape out the door. It helped that the special of the month was: buy one FQ, get the second one at 50% off, and the color-of-the-day 15% discount was orange, which was present in some of the ones we bought, especially in the one I bought a whole yard of! Not to mention the 5% discount for cash or check...they were practically free!



Here's what I left with. No plans for any of it yet, just additions to my stash:



Marie Bostwick will be there to sign her books (available at the store) on May 4th, from 4:00-6:00 PM. Here's their nice display of her books:



DDIL1 and I have been listening to the first of a series of Bostwick's books, which I bought from Audible.

DDIL1 has a neat way to display the blocks from the quilts she's currently working on on her workroom wall:



We both got a lot done while listening to the book. Here's the progress on my Dogwood Blossoms (link below) sweater:



I'm using Knit Picks' Palette , which is one of my favorite yarns. I changed some of the colors, and I'm altering the pattern, making it a boxy cardigan with dropped shoulders. It's fun to play with patterns and designs!

Before leaving Kokomo to return home, Patty and I had lunch with Beth, one of my online friends from the Knitting Community and Quilt With Us.



As you read this, we will be on the road again, heading home. Lots of knitting time makes the miles fly by!

What's on my needles: Still the Dogwood Blossoms sweater, second sleeve almost done, and the Fiji socks.
What's on my iPad: On The iPod app, still A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin from the library. We'll resume listening on the road. I've finished reading Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin. Loved the ending!
What's my app of the week: USA Today, one way we have kept in touch with the world on our trip.
What's in my wine glass: Block Red Wine in a Box from Australia, Shiraz, from Trader Joe's. Usually I don't like boxed wine, but this one was a delightful surprise.

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad and MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment