Monday, March 26, 2012

High Fiber—Daphne Days

Daphne is fascinated by her new quilt.



It's the I Spy quilt I made for her. It was a special present for her, and the train quilt is for her brother, Zachary, who is due to arrive any time now, which is why we're in Wisconsin. She knew who we were, thanks to Skype.

We've been doing things with her. Daphne is such an angel, complete with halo!



Grandpa's 'puter is fascinating! Daphne can tell you the names of all the keys, including the numbers.



We've been here two nights. After nap time yesterday we went to the park.



The slide was fun.



Rocky used the slide, too. Then Grandma and Daphne went on the swing together.



We brought Daphne the little table that belonged to Grandpa when he was a child. All three of my children used it when they were small. I bought her a chair to go with it at the antique fair in Ogden last fall. Here Daphne uses her table and chair for the first time. She likes to color.



It took two days to get here. The project I took along on the trip was my Dogwood Blossoms sweater. While we were driving, I got several inches of the second sleeve done.



I don't know how much knitting I'll get done while I'm here. We will be in charge of Daphne's needs from now until after Zachary comes and we're no longer needed. I'll let you know when the baby comes.

What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms sweater, maybe some socks soon.
What's on my iPad: On The iPod app, A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin from the library. I'm still reading Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin. I read a chapter every night at bedtime on the Kindle app.
What's my app of the week: GasBuddy, for finding where to get the cheapest gas on our trip.
What's in my wine glass: Fisheye Pinot Noir 2010 vintage. Very nice!

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment