Monday, April 9, 2012

Stork Union Allows Easter Bunny To Deliver Baby

After circling the house for two weeks and unable to find a place to land, the Stork Delivery Service gave up and allowed the Easter Bunny to take over for an early Easter morning Delivery.

























He arrived at 13 minutes after midnight on Easter morning. His weight was 8 lbs 4 oz and he measured 20.5 oz. Both mother and baby are doing well. I wish the same could be said for the grandparents! (Now I know why women can't bear children after a certain age...one I'm well past!)

Once the Easter Bunny stepped in to take charge, the delivery happened within two hours. Daphne was unfazed by the event. She woke up Easter morning to find her grandparents in charge. We had been pinch-hitting for the 'rents for two weeks already, so it was pretty ho-hum for her. However, during our second visit to the hospital on Easter Day she showed more interest in the new member of the family.
























During the first visit, it seemed that the hospital room was more interesting than baby brother: A queen-size bed with a "slide" at the head of it, a step stool that made a cool chair, and a rolling bassinet were just more interesting. At first she still pointed to Mommy's tummy when you asked where Zachary was. Then she seemed to get the idea. I think she will be more interested in him when he's the one novelty in her normal surroundings.

Needless to say, not much knitting has been accomplished. No quilting at all, but then I didn't bring any quilting to work on, due to space limitations in the car. However, I've finished a couple of pattern repeats on my Fiji Sock using KP Stroll Glimmer in Fiji. The Pattern is from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. It's the "Scrolls" for eight-stitch patterns.

























The sparkles don't really show up, but the yarn is gorgeous!

I had my latest KP order sent here. I was amazed how fast it arrived! (Closer, and no dog sleds needed this time of year.)


Not in the photo is my KP mug. It went into service right away, and I have already had several servings of tea in it! In the photo are Full Circle Rovings Quarry, Fawn, Espresso and Pigeon. Now I have one of each, a couple of which I have spun already. I like them a lot. I thought I would make something with all of the colors, because they go together so well. Also, there is some Comfy Worsted in Maize, which I plan on using with the same yarn in a red color (back at home, so I can't tell you the name of the color, maybe Pomegranite) for a Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) for our other new grandbaby due in June.

The remainder of the yarn is Swish DK in Dove and Squirrel for this cute Bunny Suit for Daphne:


The pattern is from Better Living's Kids' Knits and Crochet, which I have looked online for, but not found. I purchased the book in Australia in the late '90s. I will post it if it turns up on Ravelry. I made this outfit for Daphne's cousin (now in college) back when she was little. this one will be machine washable, though; an improvement on the original. The Squirrel will be the main color and the Dove the contrast. I like it much better than the yellow and white version. The natural colors are similar to the ones I used on the first version.

I'm too pooped to do my usual "What's on my..." but I'll mention that my wineglass is running over with Matthew Fox Shiraz. Seems pretty good, but I'm well into my cups as I'm writing this. Give it a try. Tonight (based on when this is posted) we will be opening a bottle of champagne in honor of his nibs, Master Zachary.

Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment