Monday, March 5, 2012

High Fiber—A New Thread

I'm running a week behind because of the review of the yarn shop last week. 



This week, I'll be showing off some of the work from my friends at Vintage Stitchers. Brenda has a new long-arm quilting machine. She practiced on the quilt above. Here's her chicken quilt, done on the new machine.



Barbara's done with the binding for her great-grandson's car seat cover:



Here's the back. I think he will like the bugs.



Carol made this for a friend. She's sewing on he binding now.



Julie showed up with Rebecca's quilt. Here's the back, showing the quilting...



This is the quilt top, showing Rebecca's lovely quilting.



I didn't make too much progress on my own projects this week. I managed to get a couple of inches done on the second sleeve of the "Dogwood Blossoms" sweater done, and while we were watching the University of Utah Lady Utes ("Red Rocks") defeat the Oregon State Beavers in women's gymnastics, I got several inches of the diaper bag done.

One activity this week has been putting together the things we need to take when we go to Wisconsin to help DD and her family when she has her new baby. Daphne arrived three weeks early, so I was caught off-guard. DH and the pups are going this time, so it will be a little more involved. I still have work to do to get ready.

Another thing that has kept me busy has been working as a volunteer for the Democratic Party, trying to keep it alive in very red Utah. So far, we have been registering people to vote (all parties and unaffiliated), but will move on to other activities. I hope everyone gets involved to some degree in their party of choice.

We Skyped yesterday with Daphne and her family. She's talking a lot. Some of it is very clear, and some is difficult to understand. She can already identify the letters by name. Potty-trained would be more useful at this point.

Later, we Skyped with DS2 and DDIL2. They were getting ready to go to the symphony. They said that BS likes music and dancing. If he takes after his parents, he will be great at both!

What's on my needles: Still the diaper bag for BS, Dogwood Blossoms sweater.
What's on my wheel: Full Circle roving in Caramel from KP, well into second bobbin. Not much spinning this week, but I got a few yards done.
What's on my iPad: P.D. James' Murder at Pemberly from Audible, All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin eBook by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee on the Kindle app.
What's my app of the week: Photogene for photos. A very good basic for editing and exporting photos. They've fixed the bugs. It works great now.
What's in my wine glass: Foxhorn's Merlot in the big bottle. It will last awhile, now that Lent is underway!

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment