Monday, March 12, 2012

High Fiber--Second Baby Syndrome

I finally got the buttons on the BSJ for Baby Stuart, the one due in June:




This BSJ is identical to the one I made for Zachary except for the color way, which is probably why it took so long. Also, I wasn't under as much pressure to finish it. There has also been some progress on the diaper bag for the same baby:




I actually have more done than shows in the photo. Soon it will be time to BO and make the handles. It will be felted and lined with the fabric in the photo. There's plenty of time, though.


There isn't as much time to get ready for the arrival of the first baby of the year for us, Zachary, due to arrive in just under a month, assuming that this bun stays in the oven until done! (His sister was three weeks early, so my bags are already packed.)


We will be driving from Utah to Wisconsin in the car with the pups. I'm taking my "Dogwood Blossoms" sweater to work on in the car, but I also needed a mindless project for times when I can't concentrate, so I picked this yarn, Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in Fiji. I'll use a pattern from one of my favorite sock books, More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.





I'll be missing a few meetings of Common Threads and Vintage Stitchers while I'm gone. While I was working on baby quilts, the ladies in both groups have been busy. Julie had our Peace House quilt on the long-arm when we were at her house for Common Threads. Janet sewed on the binding, and Brenda is doing the hand-finishing. A group of us pieced this quilt, which will be donated to the Peace House for a fund-raiser. This organization shelters women and children who have left abusive homes.



Besides the quilting on this quilt, Julie has been busy making quilts for people she knows. This is a wedding quilt:



And here's the back:



She also made this quilt for a neighbor who did a favor for her:



The photos of houses are Julie's house, the home of the neighbor who will receive the quilt and that of another neighbor. She used a photocopy process to transfer the photos to fabric.


Speaking of houses, Janet has been doing an appliqué block-of-the-month. She's making two of each block, so each of her two children will get one of these wintery quilts when they're finished. Julie's kitty was fascinated by the 3-D quilts on one of the blocks.



There's a cute video of Daphne reading the ABCs out of a book on Facebook, but I can't figure any way to post it here. If you're friends with me on FB, you can find it on my page if you scroll down.


What's on my needles: The aforementioned "Dogwood Blossoms" and the diaper bag.

What's on my wheel: Still the KP Full Circle roving in "Caramel." I had to move my wheel for Vintage Stitchers, but should be back to spinning soon.

What's on my iPad: P.D. James' Murder at Pemberly from Audible, All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin eBook by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee on the Kindle app.

What's my app of the week: Skype for calls to telephones. It came in handy when I needed to do a lot of calling from someone else's house. (My cell phone is paid by the minute.) I have the subscription from Skype that allows me to use my iPad as a phone connected through the Internet.

What's in my wine glass: Foxhorn Vinyards Merlot, "It's so Aussie!"


Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment