Monday, January 16, 2012

High Fiber—Obsession

The past week has seen me obsessed with colorwork.



I've been working on the Knit Picks Dogwood Blossoms sweater. I'm going to make it as a drop-shoulder cardigan, a style that looks better on me than the design with capped sleeves. I'm also adjusting the colors some, eliminating "Almond" and adding "Nutmeg" (discontinued) "Sweet Potato" and "Turmeric."

It's hard to put down, but I'll have to soon. I have another KP order coming, and when it arrives, I will have to get back to baby knitting and baby quilts. Two of our three children are expecting new babies in the coming months, which means two babies to provide for. I also want to make an "I Spy" quilt for Daphne before I head east to greet her new brother. I'm thinking of a nine-patch, with the "I Spy" fabric in the middle. (For those of you who aren't familiar with this type of quilt, there are fabrics depicting objects or animals a small child can find as a game.) I'm still collecting fabrics for it. I should be able to get it done quickly, now that my friend and avid quilter Ellen is back in town.

Baby Zachary will already have some baby things knitted by his maternal grandmother, as I cleverly (hee-hee) made them all in unisex colors. I did make a BSJ just for him, though, featured in last week's blog. I'm hoping to be able to make a baby quilt just for him, so Daphne can take the one I made for her to her big-girl bedroom.

The KP order has yarn for another BSJ for the other new baby, currently being referred to as "Baby Stuart," or "BS" for short. (Never mind the jokes!) Also in this order is WotA Bulky to make another diaper bag, similar to the one I made before Daphne was born.

The upshot is, I'm going like gangbusters on the Dogwood Blossoms, because I will have to drop it to make baby things when I have my materials. I'm still trying to work in some time to spin the luscious SW BFL from AlohaBlu, which she dyed for me from a photo I took on a hike during autumn. It's called "Autumn in Park City."



In other news, I woke up to this this morning:



The resorts will be happy.

Also, the Sundance Film Festival starts this week, and DH and I will be volunteering, as usual. 


What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms, various UFOs.
What's on my wheel: The AlohaBlu SW BFL "Autumn in Park City."
What's on my iPad: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson from Audible. Very interesting, so far.
What's my app of the week: BlogPress, finally a new version that doesn't crash with iOS 5!
What's in my wine glass: Viña San Esteban Reserve Malbec 2010. Lovely!

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the the BlogPress app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment