Monday, January 9, 2012

High Fiber—FOs and New Starts

In spite of a bad cold, I finished Zachary's BSJ.



DGD1 (also suffering from a cold) finished her first hat:



It's the  F346 Coffee Beenz Hat from Plymouth Yarn. She used the yarn I spun from Gaywool fiber shown in my blog  last spring. Here it is from the front.



I took the photos during a hike in the beautiful outdoors. No snowshoes were needed due to the lack of snow. However, we got some Saturday. Here's a shot of our backyard taken during the morning. 



We ended up getting about 3”. The local ski resorts are happier. They have been making snow, but there's nothing like the real thing!

A few days ago I started my Dogwood Blossoms  sweater, which I'm going to be doing with a group. I believe I'm the only one making the red version. Here's the first sleeve.



I'm changing the colors and the pattern a bit. Watch this spot for progress. However, it will be slow, because I have lots more baby knitting to do. Not only will Daphne become a big sister with baby Zachary due in April, but now DS2 and DDIL2 are expecting in June, gender as yet undetermined. I need to whip up a wardrobe of baby sweaters for the new one, as well as keep Daphne dressed with sweaters her younger brother can wear later. [Whew!] Not to mention baby quilts!

What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms first sleeve.
What's on my iPad: Still The Skies of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. Not much time to listen with company in the house. DGD1 leaves today, though.
What's my app of the week: iBooks. I use it for my electronic patterns, such as the Dogwood Blossoms, which you get in eBook form along with printed form when you buy the kit. I like that you can zoom in on the chart, which enables me to put my iPad on my book stand and view the chart while I knit.
What's in my wine glass: Green Fin California Red Table Wine 2010. Organic!

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the Notes app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment