Monday, November 7, 2011

High Fiber—Family Visits and Home Again.

We made it home safely, just missing a big snowstorm. We left behind happy memories, including time with family and meeting Knitting Community friend Beth in Kokomo.



And getting to see Daphne in some of the things I knit for her, including the gold socks:



The day after arriving home, I left DH with the unpacking and went to Common Threads. There I got to see Lynda's cardigan, almost finished. She used City Tweed HW  in "Denim."



The meeting was at Julie's, and while we were there, Anna's new quilt arrived for Julie to quilt. It's from from City Quilts by Cherri House



Friday I went to the Apple store to get the tech person to help me straighten out my iPad, which was having massive failures of a variety of kinds. He was able to put it right, so when I left, I was a happy camper.

Saturday, Joanie and I braved more snow storms to go to the Acorn Antique Fair in Ogden. We made it out of the storm, but after breakfast in Morgan, we ran into stopped traffic on Highway 84 due to an accident. We were stopped for an hour. Good thing we had brought our knitting!

We saw lots of great stuff at the antique fair. I came across this corner decorated with quilts. The one in the middle is a cross-stitch piece.



We found this Norwegian sweater among the smocked dresses. I would rather do my own knitting, but we had to admire it!



I only bought a couple of things, but my big purchase was this chair for Daphne:



I'll take it to her when I go back in April for the arrival of the new baby. We have the little table DH used when he was a little boy and our kids used later. This chair should be about right. Daphne will be moving out of the nursery to have her own room, so this should come in handy.

What's on my needles: The kilt socks are progressing. The first one is about ready for the heel, and I CO for the second one during the trip.
What's on my iPad: Finished All Creatures Great and Small and started The Two Mrs. Abbotts by D. E. Stevenson, the last in the Miss Buncle trilogy. In the car we listened to David Baldacci's The Whole Truth and Dean Koontz's Relentless. Good books, all!
What's my app of the week: I have to give it to KSL's Weather app by Vortex. We were able to use it to keep track of the big storm, so we knew it was safe to leave Grand Island, NE, where we spent the night on Tuesday.
What's in my wine glass: Fish Eye Shiraz 2009. We have this one frequently. Nice!

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the Notes app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment