Monday, October 31, 2011

High Fiber—Family Visits, Part Two

We have been having a nice visit with Daphne and her family.

The Bees' Knees cardigan fit just the way I wanted: a little big, so she can wear it for a long time. The socks fit about the same way:

We came for Halloween, and there was a party for Daphne's friends at someone's home. Daphne was cute as a bug in her bug/witch costume.

We had a lot of fun things to do together, including walks and bath time. I'll try to post some photos next time.

The big fiber event this week was the presentation of the Floral Bouquet quilt to DD and DSIL. Here's the quilt:


My friend Ilene, who used to live across the street when we lived in California, sent this quilt to Daphne:


What's on my needles: Making progress on the kilt hose. I'm ready to start the foot.
What's on my iPad: Listening to Dean Koontz's Relentless in the car while traveling, and still All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot on my own. Our speakers broke down on the way to Indiana, so we picked up an FM transmitter at DS1’s store in Kokomo, H. H. Gregg.
What's my app of the week: The Notes app that came with my iPad. It never crashes, never fails, and my info is saved until I delete it! (My iPad has gone wonky this week. I need techie help, but have been too busy with family, wonder why!
What's in my wine glass: Ambiente Mendoza Malbec 2010.

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment