Monday, November 14, 2011

High Fiber—Early Snows.

Official winter is still 38 days away, but we have it already. I have to console myself with memories of fall colors, like this custom-dyed fiber:



It's called "Autumn in Park City." The fiber was dyed by AlohaBlu inspired by a photo I took of local fall colors. You can find her Etsy shop here.

The photo that inspired the colors is in my September 26th blog
here.

Here's what we have instead:



The usual neighbors have been out. (This was after a previous storm.)



Before the storm came, I got to Vintage Stitchers, where Julie brought back a quilt to Barbara, all quilted. It's the pinwheel quilt.



Barbara had another one to hand over for quilting.



I've been getting some knitting done:



It's the kilt hose for DH from the class I took at Sock Summit taught by Mary Scott Huff called "Kilt by Association." I didn't really have the right needles with me, so I ended up frogging the little bit I did in class and CO again. During our recent trip, I got lots of knitting done, but couldn't try them on the recipient, who was driving when I got to the point where I thought it was time to start the heel. I put that one aside and CO another one. Now I'm doing the first foot. In the photo you can see the sock on the right with the heel flap almost done and the lace edge turned down. The other sock shows the lace edge turned up, revealing the ribbing where the garter goes.

The iPad had problems again. This time I talked with a senior advisor, who decided it was because the backup was corrupted. We chose to sync without using the backup, and loaded the categories of data (photos, apps, audio, video, etc.) manually. It worked, and the iPad has been working great for several days now.

I missed church this week because of the snow.
It continued all morning and into the afternoon, so it was a good idea to stay home. Getting out of my neighborhood is the hardest, but a lot of other drivers aren't ready for winter. At least I'm not hearing the skiers complain that we aren't going to get enough snow in time for the ski areas to open. It's why we live here!



For the Daphne fan club:



I have been thinking about my blog lately. It seems a lot like a photo diary. It's fun to go back a couple of years and check out what I was up to then.

What's on my needles: Kilt hose, Prayer Cardi.
What's on my iPad: Just finished D. E. Stevenson's The Two Mrs. Abbotts and have started Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Also happy to listen to The Knit Wits Podcast again. Have a listen. The interview with Poppa Button was hilarious!
What's my app of the week: This week I'm really happy for my Photogene for iPad app. Photogene2 for iPhone just came out, and it brings the iPhone version up to the capabilities of the iPad version and improves the usability with the small screen. I've had the benefits of the improved version for some time.
What's in my wine glass: Flip Flop Pinot Noir 2010. Very nice! (And I won't flip-flop on that opinion!)

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the Notes app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment