Sunday, October 9, 2011

High Fiber--Keeping Warm

We had knitting last week at Rob's lovely home:


 


Here are Lynda and Georgette, sharing knitting advice and tips. The knitting group is great. Rob has a neat new camera, which he used to take this photo.




This week we had Common Threads, in spite of the early arrival of snow:


 





Four of us decided to make the Dogwood Blossoms sweater from Knit Picks. Several of us have ordered the kit already. I'll let you know about our progress.


Saturday was Joanie's birthday. I gave her a framed photo of her cat, Kasha. We had breakfast at No Worries, along with my DH and two of Joanie's three children. Kasha was a hit! (Thanks to Rob for printing the photo for me.)


 



This week I've decided to share the pattern for the socks I've been making for Daphne. This is my own pattern. Here's the PDF: Daphne%27s%20Gold%20Rev..pdf


Please let me know if you have any problems with the pattern. It's only one size, but it can be adapted easily. The socks look like this:





 




She is wearing a size 5 shoe right now, so I made these in a size 6. The yarn is Stroll Tonal in Golden Glow, left over from her Bees' Knees cardigan. The pair takes 25 g of leftover yarn. They were fun and quick to make. I used the same pattern to make a different pair:


 



 


The only thing I did differently was to change the pattern to st st. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Multieffekt left over from a pair of adult socks. I'm finishing up the second sock now. It will be completely different, just for fun. I started in a different part of the pattern. That's why I'm calling them "Crazy Socks." I hope to make some mittens out of left over sock yarn before I see Miss Daphne later this month. For my friends who need their Daphne fix, here you go:


 



 


(You have to be able to think inside the box before you can think outside it!)


 


Unpaid Ad: Have a knitting problem? Want advice or an opinion about any aspect of knitting? Want to draw on the combined knowledge and experience of a number of accomplished knitters? Check out Ask the Fairy Godknitters. Post your question or issue as a new discussion, and stand back!




What's on my needles: The Crazy Socks for Daphne. I'm ready to get back to DBIL's prayer cardi when I finish the Crazy Socks. Also back to DH's kilt Hose.

What's on my wheel: Soon I will be starting some nylon-Shetland fiber blend for socks.

What's on my iPad: All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot. Just added Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire from the library. This is, I believe, the book the musical "Wicked" was based on.

What's my app of the week: With the snow this past week, it has to be KSL Vortex, a weather app by KSL TV in Salt Lake City. The other apps kept saying no snow for Park City, based on the weather station at the middle school. KSL has a weather station at Summit Park, where I live, several hundred feet higher, were we got--of course--snow!

What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake Zinfandel 2008.



Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad and MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment