Monday, April 4, 2022

Down for the Count

I wish I could say I got lots of things done this week, but I would be making it up, so here's the truth. I knit several rounds on my Hinterland pullover. Now I'm, done with the colorwork, so it should go fast, once I have the energy to knit again.




To show how sick I felt, for most of the week I didn't feel like knitting. Maybe it was actually the/a flu bug, which can happen, even if you have had the flu vaccine, since they can only predict the most likely viruses, and those buggers replicate and evolve so quickly.

There were the usual chores, like feeding the sourdough starter and making the bread.



I got the laundry done, too, with some help from the dolls. (The story this week was about how they did the laundry for me, so I was more or less killing two birds with one stone, which is an awful cliché.)



I used two of our Covid tests, first on Monday and then again on Thursday. Both times, the test was negative. (The line shows that it was a valid test. If it were Covid, there would be a second line next to the "T".)



I'm glad we had the tests handy, for peace of mind. However, in spite of wearing a mask most of the time around DH, I still managed to give it to him, or maybe he caught it before I knew I was getting sick.

I attended choir via Zoom, although I was still sick on Sunday and didn't get to go. It was a special event, with some of the Mastersingers joining the choir, so they had plenty of help. I watched the service on YouTube. It was lovely. I was sorry to have to miss it.

The Wisconsin grands were off at another dance competition. Zachary's duet took 2nd place.


Daphne participated in a number of different kinds of dances. 



Both kids really enjoy it, and it's good for them.

Homework is good for Johan, too, but he doesn't seem to enjoy it so much. Here he is, grumbling about having to do it.



Soren was off with Dad at the playground.


If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland pullover and the emPower Kerchief.

What's on my loom: No change.

What's on my sewing machine: Need to sew the buttons and Velcro on Paul's PJs. Paul arrived safely in Wisconsin, so he's there in plenty of time for Zachary's birthday.

What's in my hoop: No change.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Dirty Laundry. Mariah and Charlotte teach Pippa how to sort the laundry and do the wash.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Didn't get very far with The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app. 

What's in my wine glass: Perímetro Tempranillo, Spain, 2010. Not bad.

What's my tip of the week: Those "English" cucumbers that come wrapped in plastic are really tasty, and convenient, since you don't have to peel or score them to avoid that bitter taste. They hold up better after opening the plastic if you remove the plastic entirely and roll them up in a paper towel. they can be stored in a plastic bag or kept in a container. The paper towel reduces the moisture around the cucumber, keeping it fresh longer.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment