Monday, April 18, 2022

Performances

Not much crafting happened this week, although I did knit a few rows on my pullover, but it doesn't look much different. Here's what I did instead.

Monday I spent most of the day writing Friday's story. (See The Doll's Storybook, below.) I also fed my sourdough starter and baked some bread, sour rye with caraway seeds. You can see from the two jars of recently fed starter, they are still performing well.

Tuesday we went to get our second booster shots, since we were both recovered enough from the flu we had, and we were about already three months overdue, because our initial shots had been so early. We were able to walk to the recreation center, where the clinic was taking place. (It was just as fast as taking the car, because we could get to it on the trail.) We had to wait in line for about 45 minutes to get our shots.


After the required 15-minute waiting period to make sure we weren't going to have a problem with the vaccine, we walked home. Neither one of us had any side effects other than a sore arm. Mine lasted barely 24 hours and wasn't all that sore. I wondered if it was because we still had some immunity from the previous shots.

Shortly after we got home, we had our biweekly online meeting with fans of Madroña Vineyards and the owners. Needless to say, a lot of wine was drunk.

Wednesday I took the photos for the story, all except for the ones where Mariah was wearing her judges robes, which I took the next day. That night, we had choir practice with a lot to prepare for the big weekend.

Thursday, Dusty went to the groomer. The appointment didn't start until 3:00 PM, so I knew he wouldn't be ready until about 6:00, so I arranged to have a ride to church, so DH would have the car to pick Dusty up. (Our call time was 6:00 PM.) Our anthem is here, at 52.11, if you want to listen. (I'm hiding behind the flowers on the altar the whole time. 😆 You can admire the beautiful church, though.)


We didn't sing for Good Friday, but Saturday night we had the Great Easter Vigil, which is a very long service to usher in Easter. To listen to our anthem from the Easter Vigil, go to 1:43 here. (You can see me this time. I'm the little one in the front row.)



We weren't done. We still had two services Easter morning.

Daphne had a performance Wednesday. Here she is with a friend, one of her fellow dancers.


There were some good comments on the performance.

Of course, Zachary is dancing too. I think this photo was from his last competition. I think he looks great! (He's the one on the left.)



If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the emPower Kerchief and the Hinterland Pullover, not much progress.

What's on my loom: No progress this week.

What's on my sewing machine: Doll clothes. No actual sewing, but the pattern pieces for several items are set up.

What's in my hoop: No progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In Who's the Boss? Mariah and the boys discuss who is more important: a president or a prime minister. Mariah has other ideas. 



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app. 

What's in my wine glass: Madroña's El Tinto, a red table wine, one of their basic selections, which varies from year to year, but a favorite each year.

What's my tip of the week: I've been cutting parchment-paper circles for pizza, which we have nearly once a week. Then it occurred to me that someone might actually make these. Well, they do. I found them in the size I need here

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment