Monday, March 28, 2022

Whew!

The H-word* took up most of my attention for the first three days of the week. I listened to my audiobook while I worked. On Wednesday, the Beaverton grandkids arrived with their parents for a visit. I still managed to get in some knitting. The Hinterland pullover is coming along.



The pattern is by Jennifer Steingass. I’m really enjoying it.

The kids arrived Wednesday night. We spent the next few days playing games, cooking, eating, knitting (two of us), enjoying the out-of-doors and each other's company. The adults followed through on our plans to have a single-malt whisky tasting with our set from Flaviar.

Dusty was happy to see is best friend Louis again. They spent hours playing, but also got to go for walks together.




One of those walks took us to the dog park. Because Louis is a bigger dog, we went to the big-dog section of the park. The kids and their mother went off to the kids' playground. When everyone had had enough fun, we walked home again.



Rocky rode in the stroller most of the time on the way to the park, but he enjoyed walking around in the dog park.



Then he got out of the stroller about half-way home to walk the rest of the way on his own, while Soren pushed the stroller.

Speaking of Soren, here's some cuteness. They’re so sweet when they’re asleep!



The boys wanted me to read some of my stories to them. I read until I got hoarse.

Someone in Germany sent me a photo of her daughter with her copy of Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook as well as a photo of just the book. I'm keeping a folder with photos of children reading my books, but I don't post them, to keep their privacy. Being a doll, though, Mariah doesn't need to have her privacy protected.




If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.

*Housework, especially cleaning.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland pullover and the Empower kerchief.

What's on my loom: No progress.

What's on my sewing machine: No progress.

What's in my hoop: No progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In Fan Mail, we learn about a letter from Holly, Emil's friend and pen pal, and a real letter from a real human girl who uses our stories to learn English.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished listening to The Sanatorium  by Sarah Pearse on the Audible app. Downloaded and started The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone.

What's in my wine glass: Fabre Montmayu Reserva Cabernet Franc from Mendoza, Argentina.

What's my tip of the week: Some salads can be made up ahead of time, like slaw, corn, potato or three-bean salad. It's handy to have some in the fridge when company comes.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment