Monday, April 25, 2022

Back to the Doll Clothes Factory!

I finally have my energy back and was able to get back to working on the doll clothes for the Wisconsin grandkids. I finished the pajamas I had made for Zachary's Paul. The sleeves were too long, even rolled up, so I took off the cuffs and hemmed the sleeves. Then all I needed to do was add buttons. I used the pants from this pattern, Pippa's Bedtime. The top came from my Checkered Shirt Pattern for Happy Kidz, but printed at 80%. I had to enlarge the seam allowances back to 1/4", of course, because 80% of 1/4" isn't nearly big enough for me. I left off the collar, just to simplify it.



Then I made a shirt and trousers for paul. As for the pajama top, I used the Checkered Shirt pattern again, but with the collar this time. The trousers are from the Liberty Jane Boot Cut Jeans pattern with the substitution of my special back piece, which makes it work for Happy Kidz. Again, to make it fit Little Kidz Pippa and Paul, I had to print the pattern at 80% and then enlarge the seam allowances back to 1/4". 


Here's my special back piece, which I use in place of the original pattern's back. (I also don't put the pockets on, but you certainly could. I would make them a little smaller, though.) I print this at 100% for Happy Kidz, then check to make sure the 1" box is accurate.



I need to make a new pattern piece for the Little Kidz, because this one needs editing to work for them.

In the interest of saving time, I purchased some T-shirts from a shop on Etsy. One will go to Zachary's Paul. These are nicer than I could make, because they were made using a serger.


This will give you an idea of how it will look on Paul.


Pippa is holding up the front of the T-shirt, so you can see the faux fly on the pants.


Here's a look at the front pockets. They are surprisingly easy to make.


Please excuse Pippa's naked top. She's modeling Paul's swim trunks. I used a cotton batik fabric and the pajama pants pattern (see above), but cut off.


I also made two pairs of leggings for Daphne's doll.


I hope to get Daphne's doll out, wash her hair and get her to model her new outfits. I do have to get the whole thing mailed off this week, though.

I cast on the Pippa's Wonderland Turtle for Paul. It knits up very quickly.



I have some pieces I had finished already, extra, which I'll include for the new dolls. I have the pajamas for Daphne's new doll cut out and ready to sew, so you will see that next week. I also expect a special surprise this week.

During the week, I made enchilada casserole and Spanish rice, which I served with refried beans. So we don't have to eat the same thing for the next four days, I made TV dinners. I have the makings for lasagne, and plan to do the same thing with the leftovers.

The Facebook page for The Doll's Storybook has been becoming more and more annoying. Somehow it got set up as a business, which it isn't. Facebook keeps using it as the default, making it necessary for me to log out in order to get to my own personal page.


If I go there to answer a comment, I can't get back to answering the comments on my personal account. It's an incredible waste of time, except that it has been a place for me to post links to the stories. It really activates my ADD! So...I've decided to delete the account. Since many people who are not my personal friends on Facebook follow the account, I'm giving them two weeks to find and friend me. I will also provide links to the Instagram and Pinterest accounts. Several people have suggested making a group page instead, which I could do. I just don't want to get involved in another rabbit hole. We'll see. Maybe someone will volunteer to help moderate.

In the meantime, I want to get started on the next book, and of course, there are the weekly stories to write and photograph.

Speaking of my books, If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland pullover, with a few rows finished this week. No progress on the emPower Kerchief, but now I'm working on the Turtleneck for Paul, too. Everything is some shade of very dark blue!

What's on my loom: Still the trailer rugs, no progress this week, but the loom looks pretty in its corner by the windows.

What's on my sewing machine: Doll clothes, now the pajamas for Daphne's doll.

What's in my hoop: Still the whole cloth quilt, no progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Disappointment. Pippa wonders why other dolls don't just give up when they fail at something. She learns about the value of failure and how it adds to your success...if you don't give up.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app. 

What's in my wine glass: Gozar! Red Berryessa Gap, Yolo County, California. Nice. More tangy than bitter, but still very pleasant.

What's my tip of the week: Charlie bought me some cooking spray at Costco, and, of course, it comes in spray cans the size of wine bottles. Not having the necessary strength in my thumb to hold onto the slick can and still spray while using my other hand to hold the pan vertical to receive the spray, I decided to add some rubberized shelf liner to give me a good grip on the can. (I use this stuff to help me open jars, too.) Since I was going to need it every time, I just put a couple of rubber bands around the can to hold the shelf liner on, so it's always ready.




Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment