Monday, March 14, 2022

Full Schedule

There hasn't been much fiber fun in the last week for a number of reasons, but I did get a few more rounds done on the Hinterland pullover. There isn't a lot of contrast between the navy and the lighter blue. I knew there wouldn't be, but I was hoping for the look of a pine forest at night, with the stars shining in the sky and moonlight reflected off of the trees. I have a turtleneck shirt in the lighter blue. I think they will go together nicely.




So what did I do if I didn't knit much or do any other fun fiber crafts?

Well, I took my MacBook in to Simply Mac to be checked on Monday. The track pad had been doing some strange things. They checked it out and found that the battery was getting bad. The battery, track pad and keyboard are all part of one assembly, and it needed to be replaced. Fortunately, it's still under warranty. It cost me all of $0 for the repair. They said 7-10 days, maybe longer due to shipping issues. It was ready on Saturday, and I picked it up yesterday (Sunday). I had waited to take it in until I knew I could do everything I needed to do on my new iPad, which I could/can. The keyboard was getting some gouges from my fingernails, too, so that problem, all cosmetic, is taken care of.




That took up some of my expendable time on Monday. Tuesday I had a dental appointment for an extraction. The only tooth ever to have a root canal broke in a place that couldn't be fixed. I was prepared with pain killers and mush to eat for a few days, but it turned out I didn't need the pain killers. I will have them in case I ever break a leg and have to walk to the hospital. (LOL!) I don't like to take them, because they make me sleepy. It's very boring to be sleepy unless you can lie down and go to sleep, and that is only fun if you really need sleep. I'm back to eating normal food but staying away from nuts and seeds for a while. I don't eat meat, and I can chew on the other side easily. I chose to get an implant, because there wasn't much difference between the implant and a bridge, due to the condition of the teeth on each side, and I find I chew more on that side, so leaving it empty isn't such a good idea. It will take a few months to go through the process. So that was Tuesday. I could show you my X-rays, but I didn't think to get copies.

Wednesday we had choir practice. We're still wearing masks, even though the mask mandate for our state ended on Saturday, so we were still masked on Sunday when we sang.



Besides those things, I tidied up the fiber studio in hopes of being able to get some work done on the T-shirt quilt. I took the photos for last week's story (see below) and got two more stories written. One I managed to illustrate with old photos and the other one should be easy to illustrate, because most of the action takes place in one spot. I wanted to get ahead, because next week the Beaverton grandkids come down for a few days during spring break. I'll probably get a lot of knitting done, but trying to write and take photos is always a problem with little visitors in the house.

My brother-in-law came back to town to get his house here ready to sell. He has bought a small house in Florence, a small town on the coast. He also still has his tiny house in Arizona, where he has been spending winters. He can stay with us whenever he comes to Bend. We had a nice visit with him over a pot of tea.

Rocky is continuing to go downhill very slowly. We're having him checked out again by the vet today. He still likes to go for walks, although he can't tell where he's going. He rides part of the way in the stroller but still likes to get out and walk for a bit. He love snoozing in front of the fire with Dusty and food? Yum!



He needs supervision, but we've worked it out so I'm getting a full night's sleep most nights now.

I've been spending some time online, following up on disinformation about the war in Ukraine, especially checking photos for photoshopping or misrepresentation, by doing a reverse image search. I use TinEye. You can upload a photo and they will search the internet for where it has been used before. You can find each date it appeared or whether it was altered. 

Speaking of the war, I found this joke online, which I enjoyed.




It's tragic that someone can have so much power that killing others who never did you any harm is so easy. I pray that it comes out all right in the end, and that no one else needs to die.

On a brighter note, the Wisconsin grands had a dance competition last week. I didn't see the photos until Monday.


I'm working on their birthday presents now. April and May.


If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland pullover and the emPower kerchief.

What's on my loom: Still no progress.

What's on my sewing machine: Ditto.

What's in my hoop: Ditto.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Bowled Over. Pippa has a very unpleasant task she has been putting off.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to Unthinkable by Jamie Raskin on the Audible app. Very close to the end. 

What's in my wine glass: Kirkland 2020 Malbec from Mendoza Argentina, from Costco. Actually, not bad!

What's my tip of the week: If you're looking for a place to donate to help refugees from the Ukraine crisis but don't want a scam, try Episcopal Relief's Ukraine Crisis effort. I had saved some money for a nice leather bag to use as a knitting bag and to carry my wallet, glasses and keys. I decided to send it to this organization after seeing how little people were bringing with them as they flee the fighting.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment