Monday, August 16, 2021

Endings

I did get some quilting done this week. I'm using four needles, so I can keep going, rather than stop and rethread the needle continually. 


I'm trying to avoid knitting anything interesting, because I'm afraid it will take me away from this project, and I'm determined to finish it this year.

A wildfire started Saturday afternoon close to where we used to live in Utah. For 18 years we lived with the threat of evacuation but without having to leave our home. They have been busy dropping fire retardant on the flames. It's called the Parley's Canyon Fire



Both the townhouse where we lived at first and our home for 16 years in Summit Park are in the area evacuated. As I write this, the fire is still raging. We have lots of smoke here in Bend, Oregon, from the fires burning in our state, but we are not in danger. 

The Wisconsin grandkids are doing well. Daphne is symptom-free and has just been waiting out the quarantine (which I think ended yesterday). Zachary is tired, but currently has no other symptoms. He has a few more days to go.

The Beaverton grandkids are back from Hawaii and getting reacquainted with their toys.



Friday Rocky reinjured himself before I got up in the morning, and it has been off-and-on since then. We gave him some anti inflammatory and pain medications, because he was obviously in pain. I've been sleeping on the couch to be close to him in case he needs something during the night. Until yesterday, we managed to walk almost every day this week, Rocky in the stroller most of the time, and Dusty trotting alongside. This was our Saturday walk.


We didn't walk on Sunday because Rocky had a bad day. If he lasts another two weeks, he will be 17. He has been in good health most of his life, and his current problem seems to be joints and muscles, like my health problems.

Much of my time during the week was spent on some complicated photo shoots which will show up in the stories in coming weeks. I'm scheduled now through the first Friday in September.


Where's my blog: If you have been following my blog and want to continue following, I recommend you go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Coasters

What's on my loom: Still the warp for the trailer rugs.

What's on my sewing machine: Waiting....

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. Quite a bit more progress this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Jolena decides that learning Spanish would be fun, if she's going to continue to go to South America every summer in Speaking in Tongues.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Just finished listening to North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell on Audible (my second time for this very long novel). Now have His Lordship's Pleasure by Marion Chesney queued up to listen to on the Chirp app.

What's in my wine glass: Angela Estate Pinot Noir 2015. Excellent!

What's my tip of the week: Spend time with your pets as they get older. You will be glad you did.

Where's my book: Mariah: Stories from the Doll's Storybook is available from booksellers worldwide. If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop. Royalties go to support pediatric cancer research and treatment, and that's 50% of the price when you buy there. Other bookseller take a much bigger cut. The three stories in the book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. The stories (and links to them) are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>  

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry that Rocky is having problems. Our pets are so precious and when they show signs of aging, it's terribly hard.
    Your whole cloth quilt is going to be lovely. It's going to be so worth all the time and effort you've put into it.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky is doing much better. Every day he is still with us and comfortable is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete