Monday, August 23, 2021

All Warped and Ready to Weave

We finally got the warp wound onto the warp beam and warp roller, so I was able to thread the heddles and sley the reed. (That means it's all set up to weave.) 


I threw a few picks with a dark green after weaving the border with grey. The pink warp is stretchier than the other colors, so it makes a wave in the pattern. That may go away when it's taken off the loom, but if not, it will just be a design feature. These will be rugs for the trailer anyway, so I doubt anyone is going to be that picky. The "decor" in our trailer is in dark and light shades of blueish green with touches of pink/magenta and a little beige, so I think these colors will work well (if anyone cares about a color scheme when they're camping). The fabrics I'm using are black (lots), turquoise, magenta, grey, green and beige.


The doll clothes I sent the grandkids arrived on Tuesday, when Daphne was already out of quarantine and Zachary just had two days to go. Daphne sent me a photo of each outfit being worn by a doll. I'll just show you two. This was our daughter's Baby Ann wearing a hat and overalls I made many years ago:



Here's Rebekah wearing a hat and dress that came with one of the Fisher Price My Friend dolls that belonged to our daughter.


Their mother will arrive here on Wednesday. It will be great to see her again. The last time was Christmas, 2018. We were supposed to have Christmas here in 2020, but you can probably guess what happened. Maybe this year.

As you remember from last week, Rocky had been having a difficult time. He is doing better, as you can see from this photo of Rocky cleaning the oatmeal pot for me.


He'll never be a young again, but he's back to enjoying his life again. We've enjoyed some walks this past week with Rocky mostly riding in his stroller.

Church was supposed to be in-person this week, but the Delta Variant has become rampant in our area, so we're back to using masks and vaccinated people, only those people necessary. However, the choir planned to sing, and sing we did! 



Here we are singing "All Praise to God." I'm on the far left, in black. It went well, and we plan to sing it again with the whole choir when we can get everyone together safely.


The video is here. Go to 49:50 for the beginning of the music, if you like.




Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook will go to the publisher today.



Coincidentally, we got this photo of our grandson Johan reading in his bed.



Everyone please stay safe, and get vaccinated if you are able to.



Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Coasters

What's on my loom: Trailer rugs.

What's on my sewing machine: Resewing Velcro onto Pippa's shirts.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. A little more progress this week. (Yaaay!)

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In "Life on Wheels," Emil and Charlotte learn about a special program for children to learn what it's like to use a wheelchair to get around all the time in a letter from Holly about Come Roll With Me.





What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to His Lordship's Pleasure by Marion Chesney on the Chirp app. I've really only just started. I had the music for Sunday's service running most of the time I had a chance to listen, but I always enjoy her novels.

What's in my wine glass: Apothic Dark 2014. O.M.G.! I love this wine!

What's my tip of the week: Maybe this is the second time around for this tip, but you might have missed it. Need some "emergency meals?" It's easy to put aside some TV dinners. This one is all frozen food except for the "gravy," broccoli, corn, hash browns and faux chicken cutlet with some mushroom gravy. You can also use any leftovers, like lasagna, enchiladas, burritos, mac and cheese, etc. To heat up, set oven for 300ºF and cook for 50 minutes to an hour. (It takes an hour at our elevation.) Great for camping, too!




Where's my book: Mariah: Stories from the Doll's Storybook is available from booksellers worldwide. If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop. Royalties go to support pediatric cancer research and treatment, and that's 50% of the price when you buy there. Other bookseller take a much bigger cut. The three stories in the book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. The stories (and links to them) are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment