Monday, March 3, 2014

What's "Housework?"

I’m finally wearing my Dogwood Blossoms cardigan!
Details of my version of this cardigan are here.
Not to be outdone, Rocky is wearing his new Norwegian pullover:

I CO for the sweater on Monday and worked steadily on it, finishing it on Saturday. Knitting for little “people” sure goes fast! The pattern and yarn details are here.
Diane has been working on this block for the "Bertie All Through the Year Quilt."

Here's a link to a closeup of Diane's block.
Carol is working on her 10th Mother Bear Project bear! Go Carol!
Barbara finished her "Sparkling Gemstones" quilt. 
The pattern is from the book by Pam Lintott and Nicky Lintott, Jelly Roll Quilts.
I recommended piecing the background differently from the instructions. She says it worked out much better. (I had followed the directions when I made mine and had a terrible time matching up the seams.)
Here's the backing for Barbara's "Sparkling Gemstones":
Barbara has also made another I-spy quilt. 
Ellen has been busy, too. She's working on the "Home Sweet Home" quilt, her first block:
This is the same pattern I used for the three blocks over my mantle. The book is Home Sweet Home by Barb Adams and Alma Allen. 
Barbara has started on the Poinsettia Wreath, one of the quilts Carol has made:
Snow has returned to the mountains of Utah, although its very wet at our 7200' elevation.
Snowshoeing in the back country is out of the question, due to avalanche danger, but we've found some places to walk with the pups.
I really should clean my house. Maybe tomorrow….
What's on my needles: Finished Rocky's Norwegian sweater. CO the Madison cardigan. "Green Tea" socks, second sock coming along, working on the foot. 
What's on my loom: Waffle scarf, a few more inches done. 
What's on my Featherweight: Piecing Soren's I-spy quilt. No sewing this week, again.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished listening to Audible's Shadow of Night, by Deborah Harkness, the second book in the All Souls Trilogy, which started with A Discovery of Witches.  The final book in the trilogy, The Book of Life, is coming out July 15, 2014. Now listening to Sheepfarmer's Daughter by Elizabeth Moon, another fantasy, also from Audible.  
Still reading Dragonseye by Anne McCaffrey, from the library on the Kindle app.
What's my app of the week: Azumio's free Heart Rate monitor app. This comes in handy during my Silver Sneakers class, because I can never find my pulse! You don't need another device to work with it. You just hold your finger over the light on the back of your iPhone.
What's in my wine glass: Parducci Wine Cellars' Small Lot Blend Petite Sirah, 2008 vintage. 
What's my tip of the week: If you keep your dog's toothpaste next to your own, be sure you get the right one. (Actually, it didn't taste that bad, but their toothpaste is more expensive.)

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment