Monday, March 10, 2014

Adorableness

Get ready for adorableness.
Georgette made these booties using a kit she bought during their recent trip to New Zealand. 
We met for Common Threads at Margareth's new place. She has moved in with her fiancée. The house is really nice. 
Margareth has a nice room for her looms. Here's the big loom:
Here's the little loom:
She has a nice place for her thread supply:
She showed off her Finished Blanket, woven on the big loom using the double-weaving technique to make the fabric twice as wide.
She's making socks for her fiancée using Zauberball yarn. 
Margareth has also made progress on her pullover:
She's pretty adorable, and she sparkles more than that ring on her finger, and that's saying something!
Julie's making a pullover for her granddaughter. The pattern is  Dale Baby Ull 21011 from Dale of Norway's booklet NR 201. I couldn't find this booklet on Ravelry, but the sweater was there, having appeared in several other booklets. 
Friday several of us went to Joanie's to work on UFOs. Joanie and I worked on our Yei Figures Bag (Nicky Epstein pattern), which we started in 2009. We both found the duplicate stitch tedious and hard to do on the dark navy wool. I had two figures finished when I put it aside. It feels good to be making progress again!
Janet brought her languishing Sipalu Bag to work on. She's so close to finishing it! We're going to meet again next week and whenever we can to keep each other working on these knitting UFOs. (Now I need a quilting UFO group!)
The Madison cardigan is coming along. This is what I had done by Saturday afternoon. 
Sunday was Ellen's birthday, so friends from Common Threads met at Ruby Tuesday for lunch. She'll be leaving in another week, so this was the last chance for some of her local friends to say goodbye.  
What? No photos of quilts? My readers who are quilters need some eye candy, too, so here you go: The great Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 18-month Calendar, "The Men Behind the Quilts."
I definitely need this calendar...for the quilts, of course!
Maybe this isn't really adorable, depending on your taste. Laika's latest movie, The BoxTrolls will be out in September. Please go and see it, so you can enjoy the hard work put in by our DS2 and the rest of the Laika team.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/the-boxtrolls-exclusive-trailer-premiere-cee-lo-green-172204722.html?vp=1
OK, here's something really adorable. Soren enjoying his dinner...
...and Daphne at dance class.
I'm trying to get photos of Zachy, but I guess he doesn't stay still long enough! He's adorable, too, of course!
What's on my needles: Madison cardigan, back done and progress on the front. "Green Tea" socks, second sock, working on the foot. 
What's on my loom: Waffle scarf, a few more inches done. 
What's on my Featherweight: Piecing the second I-spy quilt, this one for Soren. 
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished listening to Audible's Sheepfarmer's Daughter by Elizabeth Moon, another fantasy. It was good, but there was a lot of gruesomeness. Then I listened to David Baldacci's Innocent, checked out from the library using the Overdrive app. I finished that on Saturday. Spellbinding! Just started Georgette Heyer's The Foundling from Audible, for a definite change of pace. Finished reading Dragonseye by Anne McCaffrey from the library on the Kindle app.
What's my app of the week: iBooks. I keep all my patterns, instruction manuals and PDFs organized on it, as well as books to read. 
What's in my wine glass: Corbett Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon, another big bottle. 
What's my tip of the week: If your yarn is in a round ball, instead of a center-pull ball, put it in a bag or a bowl, so it doesn't roll all other the floor. Unless you like to entertain the cat while you knit. 
Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment