Monday, March 31, 2014

A Few Happy Endings

The "Madison Romance" cardigan is finished:
I worked on the button loops at Diane's during Vintage Stitchers. Here is the link to my Ravelry page for the project.
Julie has been making progress on her Ladybug pullover for her granddaughter. She worked on it at Vintage Stitchers.
Rebecca picked up a new quilt idea from a friend who had seen it and showed her how. It's from a book called Quick and Easy Hexie Quilts by Peggy Rhodes and Julia C. Wood.

The Hexigons are made by folding the fabric, sort of like origami. It takes a lot of fabric, but you don't need to stuff and quilt it if you don't want to, making a nice coverlet or counterpane.
Brenda had come back from a quilt retreat in Idaho and showed us this quilt top she made:
Diane has started a new wall hanging to replace the one in her entry that she feels is too Christmassy.:
The blocks represent signs of the zodiac and were from a sampler class she took with some friends. 
Friday we had a UFO session at Joanie's. There were four of us, and Kasha enjoyed the company and extra attention.
Joanie and I were going to work on our Yei Figures Bag
I worked on mine, but Joanie worked on her James Bond baby sweater. (I found out that "James Bond" is just the name she gave the sweater.) It's from this book. I think the real name of the pattern is "'50s Lounge Jacket."
Joanie brought out some pf her finished and almost-finished baby projects. There was this baby hat:
And a matching baby sweater:
The photo was before Julie crocheted around the neck for Joanie. (Joanie doesn't crochet. I think she should learn. Don't you?)
Also this white baby sweater with a hat to match, somewhat redundant with e hood:
Here's a closeup of the felted flower detail on white sweater:
Joanie is known for her creative embellishments.
Janet has almost finished her Sipalu Bag. Here it is, blocking:

She's working on a strap for it using the same pattern as the top border, which is what I did with mine, instead of the I-cord handle. She changed some of the colors for her bag from the colorway she bought, one of the nice things about having a stash of Palette.
My Yei Figures Bag will be done soon, and I'm working on my "Delectable Pathways" quilt. When these are done and I have time, I plan to bring out some really old UFOs! (But the Mary Tudor Cardigan is calling, calling….)
What's on my needles: "Green Tea" socks, a few rounds done this week. The Yei Figures Bag, just more I-cord to do for the handles. Soon I plan to start the BSJ for BS2, a little brother or sister for Soren, due in August. 
What's on my loom: Waffle scarf, not much progress this week, 
What's on my Featherweight: Soren's I-spy quilt, sashing cut and ready to piece.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Georgette Heyer's The Nonesuch and now reading Mercedes Lackey's Arrows of the Queen. I'm still watching "Top-Down Icelandic Sweater" with Ragga Eiriksdótir and Joe Cunningham's "Pattern-Free Quiltmaking," both classes from Craftsy.
What's my app of the week: I'm getting a lot of use out of the Craftsy app. You can watch the lessons right in the app and do most of the same things you can do with the platform on your computer.   
What's in my wine glass: Two-buck Chuck (Charles Shaw) Shiraz. One of my favorites.
What's my tip of the week: If you don't already have health insurance, you can still sign up by midnight today here and be covered for 2014. (I have heard that anyone who has attempted to log on by the midnight deadline will have a chance to finish signing up in the following days.) I have several friends with pre-existing conditions who have been able to sign up for plans that are reasonably priced, including my friend Julie, who is a cancer survivor and not yet old enough for Medicare.
Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment