Sunday, June 24, 2012

High Fiber—Waiting for Baby. Again. Still! Part II


Still no appearance from Baby Stuart, but we're getting knitting done for him.
I improvised this owl hat from the Knitculture Wise Old Owl Hat pattern and the rolled-brim hats I've been making. The yarn is Swish Worsted in "Allspice." This color and the "Gulfstream" I used for the blue hat are both on sale right now. This is the largest of the hat collection. I used a squash to block it, although I've used balloons in the past.
I finished the third soaker in the graduated set, which should get BS off to a good start. (He will be wearing cloth diapers, so soakers are handy and prevent diaper rash.)
The pattern is the Milo Soakers from Vintage Baby Knits by Kristen Rengren. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in "Bare."
With those done, I decided to CO the Jasper Diamond Hoodie from the same book.
The two fronts and the back are worked together, so I already have a great start. The yarn is Stroll Sport in Stream Heather.
We have been busy here. DDIL's aunt had a big birthday, and we went to the party Friday night. A friend made her this beautiful quilt:
The back is almost as beautiful:
I love pieced backs but seldom find myself making them.
Somehow, I finally managed to come up with the time to set up my wheel:
The Tour de Fleece starts on June 30th, and I want to get some spinning done for it, although I'm sure Baby Stuart will make his appearance in time to be a major distraction! My goal will be to spin all of this during the Tour de Fleece this year. I have 8 oz of fiber.
I've been wondering if the Tour de Fleece will have the same problem as the Ravelympics over on Ravelry. So far, there have been no complaints. (If you have been out of the loop and haven't heard about it, the USOC has demanded that Ravelry stop using the term "Ravelympics" for the event they hold in conjunction with the Olympic Games. The letter to Ravelry was rather insulting to knitters and crocheters and has caused quite a stir. The Ravelympics will go on, but likely with a different name. Our own Mitts of Steal group will have a team.
What's on my needles: Besides the Dogwood Blossoms Cardigan and Fiji Socks, the Jasper Diamond Hoodie described above.
What's on my iPad: Finished Celia's House from Audible. Trying to decide what to put on next. Still reading The League of the Scarlet Pimpernell on iBooks.
What's my app of the week: Redownloaded Zite. I've been reading about the USOC/Ravelry controversy.
What's in my wine glass: Trader Joe's own Charles Shaw (Two-Buck-Chuck) Merlot 2010. So nice to be in Trader Joe's country!
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment