Monday, June 4, 2012

High Fiber--Odds and Ends


We're still at home, since BS hasn't put in his appearance this early, but we'll be taking off soon, regardless.


One of my projects this week was to finish the baby hat DGD1 started when she was here. I used it to teach her how to knit in the round, and then I continued it, but it has been on the back burner, with all the other things going on.


I topped it off with a little I-cord tied in a knot. The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Sport in Bare. It's 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon, so it can be washed in the washing machine. Perfect for baby things.

I finally got back to my spinning and finished plying my Caramel Full Circle wool roving. It still needs to be washed, though. 


Spring has finally arrived at the higher altitudes, and friends are having parties on their decks. This party was at a neighbor's house. At this party, DH and I met a couple who own llamas. Guess what? They neither spin, nor do they reap the fiber from these lovely fiber beasties, but just give it away! Uncarded fleece, of course, but do I not own a hackle? Do I not own a drum carder? Yes, I do! We will be gone when the lovely creatures are shorn, but they will save me some. I can hardly wait! It will be a nice welcome-home present for moi!


On the baby front, little Zachary is gaining weight and doing well. Daphne is turning into a little mother, helping look after baby brother when he needs something.


Daphne is turning into a real little girl. She now (finally) has enough hair to have ponytails! Soon it will be time to teach her cat's cradle, and then knitting, spinning and quilting! What fun!


My next blog post will probably be from the road. I'll try to take lots of photos to share.
What's on my needles: BS's BSJ, Dogwood Blossoms Cardigan, Fiji socks. Some of these projects are already packed away for the trip.
What's at the quilter's: The Sparkling Gemstones quilt. It may be ready before we leave town!
What's on my iPad: Celia's House by D. E. Stevenson from Audible, and The Scarlet Pimpernell by Baroness Orczy from iBooks.
What's my app of the week: Trail Explorer, from the Sierra Club, in case we want to do some hiking during our trip.
What's in my wine glass: Roccalta Sangiovese 2010. Nice! (DH picks the wines. I have to say, I haven't had a bad one since about 1996.)
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the Notes app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment