Monday, July 2, 2012

High Fiber--Waiting for Stork. Again! Still! Part III


I can't believe this baby is nearly a week overdue! Well, surely something will happen this week.
I'm not sitting idle, though. I'm working on this little cardigan for BS while we're waiting for him to decide to appear. It's the Jasper Diamond Hoodie from Vintage Baby Knits by Kristen Rengren. (Links in my last week's post.) The yarn is Stroll Sport in Stream Heather. I have one sleeve about half done. It looks pretty much like the body. Same diamonds and seed st border.
Since I can't show you a photo of the new baby yet, here's a recent photo of Zachary enjoying his train quilt.

Daphne likes to get out her farm animals and play in the center of Zachary's quilt. She's getting to be a big girl. She can sit on a chair like a big person to eat her meals. 


Zachary will be needing the high chair. We're missing them both, but will soon have another grand baby to fuss over. Waiting patiently....
In the meantime, we're enjoying being in an area that has nice dog parks. This one is just a short drive away from the house.


Rocky and Sunny made some new friends, human and canine.
The Tour de France started Saturday, which means my spinning wheel has now seen some action with the Mountain Colors Targhee in "Crazy Woman." This was Saturday's spinning.

 
I have more than twice that much on the bobbin now, now that Sunday's spinning has been finished.
Surely BS will arrive before my next blog post. I will note it in a comment when that happens.

What's on my needles: Not counting the UFO's and hibernating projects, the above-mentioned Jasper Diamond Hoodie.
What's on my wheel: The Mountain colors Targhee in "Crazy Woman."
What's on my iPad: Listening to Knit Picks Podcast and the Padcast Podcast.
What's my app of the week: DogGoes Dog Parks App.
What's in my wine glass: Flying Heart Cellars red 2011, which we found at Trader Joe's. The "Fearless Flyer" describes it as "a big red blend (Merlot, P.S., Zin, Syrah, Cab Sauv & Cab Franc) with a not-so-common addition that may surprise you--Chardonnay." We found it a little sweet for our taste, probably because of the Chardonnay, but we found it quite nice served chilled.
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment