Monday, June 11, 2012

High Fiber--Travel


We arrived in Beaverton, OR, yesterday. Lots of knitting time in the car!
The BSJ is turning out well. I haven't decided on the buttons yet. Will have to look around for some nice ones.
The hat I made last week was so much fun, I decided to make a couple more. Here are the two little ones, for newborn, and I've started a bigger one. The red one will have a button or something. The white one is Stroll Sport in Bare. The red one is Swish Worsted in Cranberry. The tan one is Swish worsted in Doe.
I love traveling by car! Lots of knitting time!
We stopped in some interesting places on our trip. One was a winery--a real one, that has its own vineyard. That was Idaho. In spite of a wicked headwind, we reached OR Saturday and stayed at a nice place campground. I don't want to know what the gas bill was! I think it cost us double because of the headwind!
It was exciting to see Mt. Hood, because it meant that we were almost there! We were overjoyed to arrive in Beaverton before BS put in his appearance.

In quilting news, Julie finished quilting my Sparkling Gemstones quilt just before we left. I will put on the binding when I get back home. She used a pantograph and wool batting. It will crinkle up nicely after I wash it in hot water.
Stay tuned! We may have a baby by next week. I'll add a comment if the stork arrives this week.
What's on my needles: BSJ, Dogwood Blossoms, Fiji socks, various baby projects.
What's on my iPad: We just finished listening to Dean Koontz's The Good Guy. Very entertaining.
What's my app of the week: Fireplace. It's so realistic, and it kept me feeling cozy in the trailer.
What's in my wine glass: Old Moon Zinfandel, 2011. Very nice!
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment