Monday, May 28, 2012

High Fiber--Packing To Go


The larger Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) for BS is done except for the hood (You will have to scroll down if you use the link).


Shoulder seams still need to be sewn, and there are no buttons yet, but that shouldn't take long. This one is made from Swish DK in Grain Heather and Cinnamon. (Cinnamon is no longer available. This color was left over from my EZ Nethergarments.) The DK version of the BSJ should fit 6-9 months, I believe, so not for a while yet. I hope to have this done before we leave to go to Oregon to meet BS in person.
The baby is due June 26, but we're planning on being there in time for the baby shower. That explains the title of this post. If the baby comes early, we will need to be ready to go. (BS isn't really his name. It stands for "Baby Stuart." The parents are saving the name for a surprise.)
We're taking the trailer, and this will be its first time out for the season, so there's a lot to be done. "Packing" includes food, easy things to heat up or throw together quickly. We had taken all the liquids out of the trailer, and this means we will have to restock on things like mouthwash and cleaners, besides food for the trip. 
I plan on taking the Dogwood Blossoms cardigan to work on, as well as the Fiji socks and some extra sock yarn, in case I run out of knitting. I want to take my wheel, too. It would be nice if I can get my current spinning project plied so it will be ready for something new. My Kromski Sonata folds up nicely and fits in its bag, so it will be easy to take.
The Sparkling Gemstones quilt is ready to go to Julie for quilting, and I plan on taking it to her before we leave town. You may remember the quilt when it was on my design wall:


I added a border. The backing and binding will be the same fabric as the border.


The pattern is from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam & Nicky Lintott. The quilt name is from the book. The fabrics are from my stash. If I were going to make this pattern again, I would simplify the piecing. The block borders/sashing don't need to have as many seams as they have, and simplifying them it would make putting the blocks together easier.
I've been waiting to get a photo of our Easter/Passover baby, Zachary, with his eyes open. He's very strong, and can hold his head up well already.


He slept so much in the beginning, I didn't think we would ever see what his eyes looked like! Daphne, on the other hand, is hard to catch with her eyes closed! Here's one, though! We all get sleepy when riding in the car, don't we?

I will definitely try to stay awake while on our trip, so I can make progress on some projects! But I may be in town for another week or so. Just need to be ready to go, just in case.
What's on my needles: Finishing up the BSJ, still the Dogwood Blossoms and Fiji Socks.
What's on my iPad: Celia's House by D. E. Stevenson from Audible.
What's my app of the week: AAA's TripTik, for the trip, of course!
What's in my wine glass: Long Lake Pinot Noir, 2009. Spicy!
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment