Sunday, May 1, 2011

High Fiber—Busy, Busy!

Vintage Stitchers met this week at Rebecca's. 




Diane proudly shows off her appliqué. Brenda, who is expecting another DGD gets advice on how to put a border on this quilt she's making from Dr. Seuss fabrics.





Ellen is back in town to visit for a couple of weeks.You may remember her pineapple quilt. She is finished with the top.





Since three of us have been making the Floral Bouquet quilt from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott, Carol brought her finished quilt from the same pattern.





I have made some progress on Daphne's birthday cardigan, which I have officially named the Peapod Cardi. Here's where it was a couple of days ago:





I got the basic cardigan from Debbie O'Neill's "Classy Unisex 

Cardigan" from Knit on Down from House of White Birches. I'm using Knit Picks' Swish in Peapod.



I wanted to do something different with the ribbing. I got the idea for that from Susan the Blue Lake Knitter, who had made the same sweater for her DGS for his first birthday, but added a hood, a big stripe and plain ribbing instead of the Herringbone Rib, which gave her version a more manly look.

 



I also kept playing with the color name "Peapod," and then I found this in the April 15th post of Mary Scott Huff's blog!





The baby sweater can be found in 60 Quick Baby Knits, found here. This book is definitely on my wish list!



I had no idea how she made the pea pods for this adorable baby sweater, but I experimented, making some adjustments to suit my project and came up with my version. Here's a closeup of the border.





On the cuffs, I made the pea pods a little shorter.





Not finished yet, but two sleeves done!





Who will be wearing this confection when it's finished? Miss Daphne, of course! Big announcement: Daphne is walking! Yes, she is officially a toddler! Our latest photos are from Easter, which I didn't get until after my last blog post, so here ya go:





Saturday evening was spent at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner for Therapy Animals of Utah (TAU), a Delta Society affiliate. We go to hospitals, schools and nursing homes, where our pet partners comfort patients or teach children to read. Sunny is the star of my team. The dinner was for the human partners only, though, the ones who just hold the end of the leash. Go figure!



We had entertainment, too. Mike Massé, from "The Pie" on YouTube, played his guitar and sang for us. His CD was available for a donation to TAU.





On the weather front, we have had lots more snow this past week, as you can see by Squeeky's appearance at the feeding station. (He doesn't usually come out in the snow, but must have been running out of food!)





Will the snow storms keep up through the summer? Will spring ever arrive? Will Daphne be dancing the can-can by next week? Will I get more knitting and quilting done? The answer to some of these questions and others will be in this spot next week.





What's on my needles: Still the Peapod and the shawl.

What's on my wheel: The Olive Green Corriedale.

What's in my hoop: The languishing hand-pieced quilt.

What's on my iPad: Now watching the video of BBC's "Pride and Prejudice" with Colin Firth. (Finally finished The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's a good read, but I was disappointed in the ending. Maybe there will be another 40 hours awaiting me in a sequel.)

What's my app of the week: Flipboard. It selects things from your friends on FB and posts them in magazine form. I just discovered that I can also add some of my favorite blogs, such as Mary Scott Huff's, as mentioned above.

What's in my wine glass: A Little Penguin Shiraz that has been aging in our wine cellar since 2009.





Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, not even my MacBook, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment