Monday, December 5, 2022

Back in Action...Sort of!

Pauly's pullover is finished!



I made some adjustments because the last one of these I made for Pippa came out a little snug, not as good for a boy. If you know anything about dolls, you probably know that they don't like having things pulled over their heads, so this "pullover" buttons down the back.




I frogged my short rows on the Talvinen twice because I messed up. I don't know what I did the first time, but it looked bad. The second time, I made the wraps on the WS too tight. I was happy with the third time.



This is supposed to be a pullover, but I'm always either too warm or too cold, so I'm making it a steeked cardigan. Beginning of the round is center front, but the orange marker indicates the pretend BOR for making the short rows (or they would be in the front...or the "cardigan" would button down the back, like Pauly's).

I was still sneezing and blowing my nose on Wednesday, so I skipped choir practice. I started feeling almost normal on Saturday and felt really good on Sunday morning, so I braved the snowfall and went. (I had the music at home and had been present at several practices where we went over the music, so I had a good idea of how we were supposed to sing the pieces. I put myself in the second row this time. You can just barely see me behind the lady with the white-blonde hair. I think the music went well. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas music.



I was supposed to go to the dentist on Tuesday, and let them know I had been sick and might still be contagious. I took a third Covid test, so I could assure them on that count. Then I got a call on Tuesday morning from the dentist' office, telling me he wasn't feeling well and had to reschedule. I was still not up to going anyway, so I was just as happy. Charlie was much sicker than I was and has been under the weather for longer than I was. I think it was because I have been going to choir and church unmasked for some time, so probably have been getting small doses of germs on a regular basis––not enough to get sick, but enough to keep my immunities active.

I'm so glad to be feeling better, but I'm grateful to Soren for giving my immune system a workout.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of any of our books, Emil and Mariah, please leave an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.

Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Talvinen cardigan, the Hinterland Pullover (some more progress made sleeve sts picked up and a couple of rounds worked) and the EmPower People Kerchief (hibernating).

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Charlotte and Emil (who are Jewish) and Mariah (who is Muslim) decide to sing a Christmas carol for the other family members (who are Christian) to show they support their personal beliefs in A Christmas Carol, this week's story in The Doll's Storybook. They surprise them by showing up at the front door, just like real carolers.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Now listening to Plan for the Worst by Jodi Taylor

What's in my wine glass: ViƱalba Malbec Touriga Nacional 2019. Very nice! 
.
What's my tip of the week: The easiest way to bake squash is whole. Set the oven at 375°F. Poke a couple of holes in the squash. Bake for an hour or more, turning over at least once after half an hour. Continue baking until you can poke holes in it easily with a fork. Cut open and remove the seeds. Serve with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and a few drops of olive oil.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with a few changes. 
Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is available from BookBabyBookshop and other booksellers worldwide. The stories are Little Green GreatcoatThe Boy Doll Who Cried Wolf and Lost in the Woods.
Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook and Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are also still available from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories in Emil are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
The three stories in Mariah are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment