Monday, December 19, 2022

A Blog Post Within a Blog Post

Well, we're even further behind this year than in previous years. If Rocky has a bad day (meaning he can barely stand up to eat, drink and potty), one of us ends up holding him up. Just when we think he's reached the end, he'll have a really good day. However, the tree is up.



Oh, wait! That's last year's tree. Here's what we have so far.



The physical holiday cards are in the mail. The electronic version is here. (Feel free to see what I wrote, because it took a lot of time.) We're sending out links by email to close friends we have emails for.

I did the usual cooking, including this quiche.



Here's the recipe, only I used soft silken tofu instead of firm, and for the cheese, half feta and half mozzarella. I threw in some baby greens and used red onion instead of the green. I didn't have any faux bacon.


The pie crust was purchased frozen from Whole Foods. If you don't like to use soy, you can just use more eggs.

I had to visit the dentist, so I did get some knitting done, but not a lot. I'm still in hopes of being able to wear the Hinterland Pullover this winter.

I spent an hour and fifteen minutes in the Post Office, but not all at once. Monday I dropped off presents and books people had ordered from me. That took half an hour. Later that day, I was cleaning up the workroom/fiber studio so I could take photos for Friday's story in The Doll's Storybook. (Why would I clean up, otherwise?) I was putting pillows and clean sheets on top of the day bed trundle and found this.



They seemed to be having a good time, but I suspected that they missed their owner, so I packed them up and went back to the post office on Tuesday. During the half hour I spent there that day, I noticed a family several customers behind me in line. They appeared to be Hispanic. There was presumably a father with a huge box to mail, a mother, who appeared to be expecting, and a little girl who reminded me of a little elf. She and I kept making eye contact. I'm guessing she was about four years old. When I finished mailing my package, I went out to my car, continuing to think about the little girl. I remembered I had one of my new books in the car I had planned to drop off at one of the little libraries and decided if I could catch them before they left, I would give it to her as a present. They were just handing over their package when I arrived back in the post office with the book. I offered it to the mother (I never give anything to a child directly unless they know me) and asked if she thought her little girl would like it. The mother apparently didn't speak much English, but the father asked me if it was my book. "Did you write it?" he asked. When I told him that I did, he handed me his pen and asked me to sign it for Nicole. My eye just caught Nicole's face, which was lit up with excitement. I hope she enjoys the book. My encounter with her and her family made my day!
Thursday found me back at the post office, but I went earlier, before lunch, and it only took me 15 minutes to mail another book.

For this week's cuteness, here's Daphne, dancing with the tiny tots from Misty's Dance Unlimited's Christmas Cookie Social. Not too long ago, she was one of those little tots. How time flies!




If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our other books, Emil and Mariah, please leave an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland Pullover (some more progress made) and the EmPower People Kerchief (hibernating).

What's in The Doll's Storybook: "An Interview With the Writer." Just finished with an interview with The Writer for the school paper, Mariah comes into the workroom to find Charlotte quizzing Billy for a test and Pippa listening in. They discuss what journalism is.


What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to Plan for the Worst by Jodi Taylor. Finished another chapter.

What's in my wine glass: enebral Tinto de Toro 2018. Pretty good.

What's my tip of the week: Red onion keeps better than green onions and can be used in the same way: in salads and recipes that call for green onion. It's milder than yellow or white and will keep well refrigerated even after being cut. One thin slice chopped up will made a nice addition to a salad for two.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with a few changes. 
Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is available from BookBabyBookshop and other booksellers worldwide. The stories are Little Green GreatcoatThe Boy Doll Who Cried Wolf and Lost in the Woods.
Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook and Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are also still available from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories in Emil are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
The three stories in Mariah are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>  

No comments:

Post a Comment