Monday, September 26, 2022

New Beginnings and Old Finishes

Our vet nabbed me as I waited for Dusty to get a couple of inoculations he needed. Dr. Kelley remembered my iPhone tote and wanted one for his mother, who is in a wheelchair. I'm using my own pattern again, but it's a freebie on Ravelry here.



Then he wants this logo on it...somehow. I'm thinking maybe felt cut out in this shape...or maybe the white part embroidered on.



To get some yarn in the right color and be sure it would felt, I made a trip to Fancywork Yarn Shop. I spotted Dolly and Gabi high up out of reach. I didn't ask, but perhaps a little person wanted to play with one of them. They have a new friend who has joined them.




The proof copy of my book arrived on Wednesday. I found a couple of little things to fix on the inside pages, but it should go in today for the full run.



Here's a look at a couple of the inside pages. The size is 8 1/2 X 11".



Even with all the excitement over the new book, a story to write, the usual laundry and cooking, and helping Charlie fix the gate to our backyard, I managed to finish the first sleeve of the Hinterland Pullover.



Daphne finished sewing on the elastic and ribbons for her toe shoes.


If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland Pullover (some progress made) and the EmPower People Kerchief (hibernating) and another iPhone Tote.

What's on my loom: Still dust, but I used it to wind yarn this week.

What's on my sewing machine: Still ready for back of T-shirt quilt.

What's in my hoop: Whole Cloth quilt, still no progress..

What's in The Doll's Storybook: 
Billy and Pauly get into trouble at school with two other dolls in Staying After.





What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Big Dark Sky by Dean Koontz. Classic Koontz! 

What's in my wine glass: Crystal Range 2020 Barbera from Madroña Vineyards. Anything from Madroña is worth drinking!

What's my tip of the week: Rocky has a little bit of trouble bending over on the slick kitchen floor to reach his bowl. Putting his bowl on the open dishwasher door makes it easy for him to reach, and if he spills any over the sides, cleanup is easy.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment