Monday, June 6, 2022

Finally! The Return of the T-Shirt Quilt.

Finally! I'm back to the T-shirt quilt! All the blocks are now sewn to sashing strips.





Back when I left off, we had arranged then in way we thought was pleasing. Then I took a photo, before stacking them up in order. 


I was glad for the photo when I got back to working on the quilt. I printed it off and taped it up on the wall in the workroom.



Yesterday I put the strips out on the guest bed to get a photo of my progress. Next step is to put in the rest of the sashing and the cornerstones. I laid out a couple of sashing strips (not yet cut to the right length with a cornerstone between them, so you can sort of see how it's going to look.



The border fabric is the same as the cornerstones, with a big square in each corner from the same fabric as the sashing. It's all cut out and ready to go. 

I finally put Pauly's trousers/slacks together.



I used quilting cotton in a pattern that resembles sort of a twill weave. Here's a closeup of the fabric, with a pencil for scale.



I used the Liberty Jane Boot Cut Jeans pattern with my special back piece, which I've shown in my blog before. I substitute this piece for the two separate pieces in the original pattern, which normally would be pieced to make the back of the pants. There is also a square back pocket, but I leave it off, because on this scale, the pockets tend to stick out.

All the pattern pieces have to be printed at 80%, and then the seam allowances have to be enlarged by about 1/8". Hems have to be adjusted back to original, too. 

Spring has finally hit us, with rain almost every night and sometimes in the day. They say that spring is when a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love, but I would add that an old man's fancy turns to thoughts of gardening. (They may be related, though.) Charlie took out the bushes in the front of the house, which you can see here, under the living room windows.



They were probably very nice at one time, but they only grew leaves on the top part, which had to be trimmed off each year to keep from blocking the windows. A few days ago, he came home with a couple of hydrangea plants. These shouldn't get as tall. He said 2-3 feet high, but I remember his parents had one in their backyard that was about 10 feet tall, However, it stayed bushy almost to the ground, and it will probably be a long time before these get as big, if ever. The parents lived in San Diego, and the climate is very different. I had never seen this color before.



When the weather is nice, we have started walking again on the trail. We discovered something new had been added. You may remember the home along the trail with these interesting planters.


Their next-door neighbor has added a complimentary set of planters. These are for herbs.


You may also remember this sign we saw along the trail: Oscar Wilde the feline.


We actually met him on one of our walks. He was not at all intimidated by Dusty. I didn't get a photo, but he's a lovely black-and-white kitty.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: A few more rows on the Hinterland Pullover, and a few rows on another Stripy Pullover for Pippa. The emPower People Kerchief is still in the stroller. (I really should keep it in my purse.)

What's on my loom: No progress.

What's on my sewing machine: The T-shirt quilt.

What's in my hoop: No Progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In 
A Friend Moves Away, Daphne's Vali plays a friend of Jolena's who is moving away, and Pippa worries that Pauly might move away, too.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app. Close to finishing. Very interesting true story. 

What's in my wine glass: Saltram Shiraz 2019 from Southeastern Australia. Excellent, IMO.

What's my tip of the week: It is said, "Don't believe everything you read and only half of what you see." Sometimes I find photos posted online that say they are X, Y or Z. I try to be skeptical, because I have found out after sharing something that it wasn't what it was supposed to be, either because the photo had been altered or because accompanying attribution was purposely misleading. Now, if I see a photo online I think I would like to share, I look it up, using a "reverse image search" service to find out when and where it has appeared online. I use one called TinEye, but there are others. It can tell you where and when the image first appeared.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment