Monday, June 27, 2022

The End of an Era

Finally! The T-shirt quilt top is finally finished.


Now, on to the back, which will include a few other T-shirt pieces.

So, during an online party with MadroƱa Vinyards, I managed to finish few more rounds of the Hinterland Pullover. Not that you can tell, probably.

 


Early in the week, before our current mini-heatwave hit, I baked some more Dutch-oven bread. This loaf is from my half recipe, which works well in my smaller Dutch oven.

The Rhododendrons are blooming. I cut a few blossoms for our kitchen window.

Early in the week, before it got too warm, we took some walks.The stroller was a big help, as usual. On Wednesday we went on the trail to Bear Creek Rd. and back.

Then on Saturday, we walked through the wilderness/woods, back to the trail and then to the Recreation Center and back. Dusty got some off-leash time, and Rocky walked home from the trail with the help of his seeing-eye human.

Unfortunately, my phone wasn't charged up enough for me to be able to take photos and run the Walk for a Dog app, too, so I only have the screen shots of the route for each day.

For some cuteness, here are Soren, Cousin Leo and Johan, at Sunday's mini-triathlon. 

I went through my online list of all the stories in The Doll's Storybook and numbered each one. Every time there is a new story, I add it and the link. The latest story is number 210. 

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: A few more rows done on the Hinterland Pullover. Soon it will be long enough for the ribbing. No progress on the emPower People Kerchief.

What's on my loom: No progress on the Trailer Rugs.

What's on my sewing machine: Still the T-shirt quilt, ready to start on the back.

What's in my hoop: No progress on the Whole Cloth Quilt.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: In this week's story, 
The Anniversary Party, we take a serious look back on how The Doll's Storybook began four years ago.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app. Getting close to the end. 

What's in my wine glass: Mundus, vine regional Lisboa from Portugal.

What's my tip of the week: If you carefully run your pins through your hair before putting them through your fabric, they will go through more easily. This is a trick I learned when my kiddos were in diapers, which was (mostly) before disposable.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment