Monday, May 23, 2022

Sights and Sounds


It was a very busy week, but I managed to make another one of these doll sweaters to test the pattern.


They go up very fast.



I've cast on another one in blue and white, so I can see if I can get the transition from the last stripe to the ribbing tidier. Here's the front, before blocking.



It buttons in the back. Like babies, dolls don't like having things pulled over their heads.


They don't mind hats, though. I finished this cap for Pauly. The stitching isn't very straight. I had a hard time seeing what I was doing. It was a combination of not enough, being tired and not having the right glasses on. The fabric didn't show up well in my sewing machine. Pauly says he likes it, though.


It looks a little better from the front.


The dress shoes came for Pauly. I got another pair for Zachary's doll. I'll send that pair to him when I've made him some dress clothes to wear them with.


Speaking of Zachary, he and Daphne had a recital over the weekend. Wish I could have gone to see it!


Here's Daphne (just right of center) performing during the recital.



The kids really enjoy dancing.

In other news, the election is still up in the air, but it's looking good for our candidate to move on to the general. There was a major snafu with the printing of the ballots, which has cause problems counting them. Our candidate is way ahead, but her opponent's home county is the one with the problem, and there are still a lot of votes left to count.

Sunday I went to church. Charlie watched from home here: 




In the afternoon we went to a concert, the last one of the season for Central Oregon Symphony. It was amazing! 

This (found on Facebook) was fun. We only have one of these that works these days, but it's highly effective. It goes off when the FedEx or UPS truck is anywhere on our street. I can't figure out how to turn it off, though!




If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.

A very happy birthday to my daughter-in-law Patty today!

Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Hinterland Pullover, a few more rounds done, and the emPower People Kerchief, which is hibernating in Rocky's stroller. Also CO another striped sweater to check the pattern. I want to try to make the transition from stockinette to ribbing a little more tidy.

What's on my loom: No progress this week.

What's on my sewing machine: Some trousers for Pauly.

What's in my hoop: Still waiting.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Puzzled. Pauly is still pretty new. In this story, he's trying to figure out how he fits in.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app.  

What's in my wine glass: Ithafa Western Cape Shiraz 2019, from South Africa. Very nice.

What's my tip of the week: I make a lot of bread, and kneading it on the counter often leaves a bit of flour, which I don't want on my floor. To simplify removing the extra flour, I do my kneading right over the dishwasher. I open the door to the dishwasher slightly and pull out the upper rack, so it will stay open. Then then I'm done kneading, I brush the excess flour off the counter. Whatever doesn't go into my hand goes into the dishwasher, to be washed away next time I run it.




Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment