Monday, May 16, 2022

High Fiber–The Usual

Pauly's Stripy Pullover is finished and the pattern published. The free pattern is available here. Specifics on the project (yarn, etc.) can be found on the Ravelry project page here.



It buttons down the back. (Dolls don't like having things pulled over their heads, and this gives the doll's human family member the fun of learning to button.)


I've started one for Pippa, so I could test my pattern. I'm past where I think I would have had mistakes in the writing, so I went ahead and published it. I may make a plain one next (without the stripes).


Voting is like date night! We had decided on all the races except governor, so we watched the debate, then checked out the candidates' websites to have a look at endorsements. Of course, we had heard a lot about them, but there were a lot to choose from! I'm pretty sure whoever gets the nomination would make a good governor.



It's so nice to be able to sit down with a glass of wine and the Voter Pamphlet and other materials, do the research and then mark our ballots. We put our ballots in the drop box on Tuesday. 


Rocky went to the vet to have his heart worm test done. It was negative. They looked at the place on his side that had been infected, and it was completely healed, although there is still a little raised place there, nothing to worry about. He goes to the groomer for a minimal grooming appointment on Tuesday, more or less a puppy clip. I've been trying to keep him brushed out. He looks like a bathroom rug.



After his Paul's clothes arrived, Zachary took a photo and texted it to me on his new iPod. The shirt is on backwards but still stylish with his swim trunks and hat.


Here's one where Paul is going on a hike.




Daphne's birthday was Saturday. The doll was no surprise, although she didn't know what the face would be. She seemed thrilled with Laura. (I didn't get what the new name will be. She always changes them.) I'm happy she still likes dolls. Daddy is talking about maybe checking out the duplex that was for sale, so the dolls can have their own house.


The candidate I've been working for in the primary is slightly ahead in the polls. I think she will be great. Voting ends at 8:00 tomorrow night, May 17th.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our first book, Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook, it would help if you left an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them. Thank you to the people who have left reviews!


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Finished Pauly's Stripy Pullover. Cast on one for Pippa./ A few more rows on the Hinterland Pullover done. No progress on the emPower Kerchief.

What's on my loom: Still the same, no progress.

What's on my sewing machine: More clothes for Pauly.

What's in my hoop: Whole cloth quilt, no progress this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Goodnight Pauly. Pippa discovers that Pauly doesn't have a sleep mask, so she goes in search of one.



What's on my iPad/iPhone: Still listening to The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone on the Audible app.  

What's in my wine glass: Fabre Montmayou Cabernet Franc from Argentina. Tasty. I have such a good wine steward!

What's my tip of the week: If you change a sewing pattern in size by printing at a lower or higher percentage, be sure to adjust the seam allowances back to the 1/4" or 5/8" on the original pattern. 

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is now available for preorder from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is also available. The three stories in the first book are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 




Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment