Monday, February 22, 2021

Flipping Sides

Here's how it looked half-way through Clue #3, the brioche stitches. 



The Mystery Knit-along is coming along, but I still haven't started the last clue. You can see from this photo that you work on one side, then flip it around and do the same thing on the other side, but with the colors reversed. It's interesting, and I've learned a few new things, but keeping the yarn from tangling in the extra needle is a nuisance. Fortunately, the rows are long now.



Nothing left but the fancy bind-off after I finish this section. I should have it done in time for the Rose City Yarn Crawl, which will be virtual this year.
 

I did some more flipping when I made pancakes. We celebrated Shrove Tuesday by enjoying our own pancake supper at home, instead of going to the church.



It was a very busy week. Rocky had his eye checkup on Wednesday. The ulcer on his left eye is smaller, and it has good blood vessels coming to the area, so we can stop the antibiotic drops when they are used up. The other eye drops will need to be continued, probably the rest of his life, and in both eyes. He will get checked again in May.

That afternoon we noticed some of our neighbors, a doe and two yearlings, in our next-door neighbor's front yard.


Later that day, I recorded my part for the virtual choir performance on Sunday.



Thursday was our second dose of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. It wasn't as crowded as three weeks ago. They have halted giving appointments for the first dose.


They don't let us take photos during the actual procedure now, but we could take a selfie after we finished. I flipped sides and had my shot in the left arm this time, not because I had any trouble with having a sore right arm, but I was trying to make it easy for the nurse to administer the shot. The chair was facing that direction.


There was mixed rain and snow on the way there and back. I tried to get a photo of the huge snowflakes, but my phone focused on the raindrops on the car window.


We both had sore arms the next day, but no other side effects. We had read that people are often sick after the second dose, so we had planned on not doing much for the next couple of days.

Unlike many people we know who live elsewhere, our power was on the whole week.


What's on my needles: The Mystery Knit-along shawl.

What's on my sewing machine: Nothing right now.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt, but no progress this week.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Hearing with Your Eyes. Emil explains to Pippa how sign language works.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Love Is the Way by Bishop Michael Curry and just started The Black Madonna by Stella Riley. Bishop Curry's book is very good. The Trinity Adult Forum is studying it, two chapters a week. Stella Riley is an author I've enjoyed in the past, so I know I will enjoy this one.

What's in my wine glass: Plaza de la Reina Monastrell Tempranillo from Spain. A friend has been posting his travel photos, one per day, during the pandemic. We're just visiting lots of different countries by drinking wine from all over the world.

What's my tip of the week: To keep straight whether I gave Rocky his eye drops or not, I use this list and the special tape for keeping track of where I am with my knitting.




Where's my book: Mariah: Stories from the Doll's Storybook is available from Amazon worldwide. Also available from BookBaby and other booksellers. Royalties go to support pediatric cancer research and treatment. The three stories in the book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. The stories (and links to them) are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy, I discovered your blog! I like Pippas tunique, so much easier as the jacquard sweaters! and I copied the recipe for crispy tofu, which I like also, thank you, have a nice day, Deborah Martinez

    ReplyDelete