Monday, February 15, 2021

Brioche?

Brioche!


No, not the kind you can eat. This kind:



Here's what it looks like from the other side:



That's the next thing I have to do in the Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery KAL, and I've never done it before. Here's what I have so far, before starting Clue #4, which is the brioche section.


I finished the hearts just in time for Valentine's Day!

I found a couple of videos for help with the brioche stitch. This one is more involved, but it shows you what it's supposed to look like in "real life."



I found this one a better place to start, however. It's the one I used to make my practice swatch.




After making my swatch, I think I'm ready to have a go.

I finished Pippa's outfit on Tuesday. I used 2.25mm needles. I think 2.5 might have worked a little better. The fit is OK, but it appeared a bit looser on the model used in the pattern. I may try this outfit again in different colors.



What's on my needles: Rose City Yarn Crawl "Meditations," just starting Clue #4. Brioche!

What's on my sewing machine: Waiting.

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. A little bit more progress this week. It's good to work on in the evening when I'm usually tired and sometimes not able to concentrate very well. (My second glass of wine could have something to do with that.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: "Valentines!" The store is out of valentines, so the boys decide to try to make their own. They get hung up on a poem, and need help from Mariah.




What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished A Castaway in Cornwall by Julie Klassen. Now I'm listening to Love Is the Way by Bishop Michael Curry and Sara Grace.

What's in my wine glass: Mildiani Saperavi 2018 from Georgia. (The country, not the state.)

What's my tip of the week: If you have a leftover Good Seasons bottle with the lid, you can make an easy balsamic salad dressing. I fill the bottle to the "V" line with balsamic vinegar, but instead of adding water, I use red or white wine vinegar to fill to the "W" line. Then I add some seasonings: granulated or minced garlic, a half teaspoon of tarragon, basil or oregano and a half teaspoon of salt. You can throw in a pinch of pepper if you like or dried chopped onion. Then fill to the "O" line with olive oil. 

Where's my book: Mariah: Stories from the Doll's Storybook is available from Amazon worldwide. Also available from BookBaby and other booksellers. Royalties go to support pediatric cancer research and treatment. The three stories in the book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with few changes. The stories (and links to them) are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.

Photo of brioche: Element5 Digital on Unsplash

Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment