Monday, January 2, 2017

A Week With Family

There is no shortage of snow at our place.


The dogs have been enjoying it and the grandkids. Our older granddaughter arrived the day after Christmas and reconnected with the other grandkids.


The week was filled with fun and play. 


We took occasional walks to wear out kids and dogs. 


The younger boys made several trips to the Fieldhouse to play indoors on the Astroturf.
We continued to celebrate Hanukkah together. Zachary learned to light the candles for himself.


New Year's Eve was our last day together. We went to breakfast at No Worries. It was their last day, too, because they lost their lease as of January 1st. We will miss this place, which has been so convenient, although they plan to open up again when they find a new location.


We had our champagne toasts the night before, because DS2 and his family were leaving early evening on New Year's Eve.


DD's family left on New Year's Day. After they left, I discovered that Mensch on a Bench had been left behind. I don't think he minded too much, though, because they left him plenty of Hanukkah Geld.


I spent New Year's Day cleaning up and doing laundry. DH helped me move my loom back into its rightful place. I hope to start weaving again in a day or two.


DGD1 will be here for a couple of weeks. She had to sleep on the floor while the other relatives were here, but now she gets the guest room. I'm still putting boxes and Christmas wrap away. Cooking for 11-12 people was a challenge, so food for three should be easy. The best part: I'm almost over my cold. Just in time for most of the family to depart. [Sigh!]

Today is New Year's Day (observed), according to my calendar, so Happy New Year everyone!

What's on my needles: Still the “So-not-my-palette Cardigan,” more progress on the second sleeve. I really want to get done with Christmas preparations, so I can relax in front of the fire with my knitting.

What's on my Featherweight: Ready for new quilting.

What's on my loom: The ancient, hibernating project: the scarf I started more than two years ago. It's wonderful that the loom is fixed and functioning again.

What's on my wheel: Still put away for now, but I plan to set Stanzi up again with more Full Circle spinning fiber...or something else (there are so many choices).

What's on my iPad/iPhone: Christmas music, and Still listening to An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor, coming along. Finished A Lady in Hiding by Amy Corwin and The Poignant Sting by Sherwood Smith, which I enjoyed immensely.

What's in my wine glass: A lot of wine has passed these lips since I last reported on wine. Currently a bottle of Alice White Shiraz sits open on the counter. Always a good value..

What's my tip of the week: Placing a blocking project under a rotating ceiling fan will speed up the process of drying. This is especially handy if the project is fairly thick and more than one layer, although a lace shawl will dry quickly this way, too.


Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment