Monday, August 6, 2012

High Fiber--Out of Town, Out of This World


Common Threads met at Ellen's last week. Janet showed off her finished quilt top to commemorate her wedding anniversary:

A new participant, Margareth, brought some of the towels she has been weaving. Some of the designs are woven in, and some are done with cross stitch. They will be Christmas presents.

I returned yesterday afternoon from a trip to Colorado to help register voters. I got some knitting done on the way there and back. I took my Mitts of Steal project and more yarn. Here's the finished burgundy pair:

They should be big enough to fit a man. I started two more pairs, but stopped with the thumb set-up for each one. I thought it would be easier to talk with my traveling companions if I was just knitting the part I had memorized.
After I get the second pastel multi mitt to that point, I will make all four thumbs.
For the blue multi pair I used two different colors of waste yarn for the thumb set-up. You can really tell where it is on the mitt on the left because the waste yarn is contrasting. I've decided to use contrasting yarn from now on.

For those of you who enjoy seeing photos of grandchildren, here's a new one of Soren, who is now one month old. They grow up so fast!

The pups missed me. Rocky jumped up and down when he saw me return, and I was licked and nibbled by Sunny.
It was great to watch Curiosity land on Mars! Go, NASA!
What's on my needles: Mitts of Steal, pair 3.
What's on my iPad: The Political Brain by Drew Westen.
What's my app of the week: NASA. Congrats, Curiosity!
What's in my wine glass: Panilonco Merlot Malbec 2011.
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment