Monday, May 7, 2012

High Fiber--Done With Winter?

 Well, spring has finally arrived at my house. I should have tulip photos next week. In the meantime, I'm making progress on the dragon appliqué.


The body is almost finished. The nose is just resting on the appliqué. I have to sew it on and do the nostrils in reverse- appliqué, as I did for the eyes. Then the irises and the mouth, which will be done with embroidery. I picked a darker fabric for the tummy because I liked the speckles. I'll get Julie to quilt the grooves across the tummy. (Abs?)
My friend Janet has been busy.

This is just one of several T-shirt quilts she has made for graduating seniors in her life. She uses the "Turning Twenty" pattern. She just got back her Daisy Chain Quilt from Julie, who did the quilting. It's very different from the ones I did using '30s reproduction fabrics. Julie chose a more modern quilting design. (Are my knitters still with me?)

I've done some knitting this week, a few rnds on my Dogwood Blossoms sweater, a few pattern repeats on my Fiji socks and almost done with the diaper bag, but what I want to show you this week is a spinning-to-knitting project that involves a friend.

You may remember this yarn I spun from fiber from Greenwood Fiberworks. It was very nice to work with. The finished yarn was a gift to my friend Barbara. (One of several Barbaras who are friends of mine.) She is making socks out of the yarn.

She makes socks pretty much without a pattern most of the time. She just makes them. She can follow a pattern, though, but this yarn has its own pattern, so it's nice for st st.
On the baby front, Zachary will be a month old on Tuesday! Where has the time gone? Here is a fairly recent photo.

I keep hoping for a photo of him with his eyes open. His dog brother, Baxter, thinks this is normal, because he isn't walking yet, but I'm wondering if he will still need this much sleep when he's a teenager.
His sister, Daphne, is growing into a real little girl.

I'm about recovered from my visit there, but am missing the kiddos a lot! Daphne will have her second birthday in less than two weeks. Wish I could be there!
We've had snow several times since returning from Wisconsin and Indiana, but it doesn't stick. Maybe I'll have photos of the tulips for you next week.
What's on my needles: Dogwood Blossoms cardigan, Fiji socks, diaper bag.
What's on my iPad: A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick from Audible.
What's my app of the week: WeatherBug. Hoping no more snow for the season.
What's in my wine glass: Montevina Zinfandel 2006. Tasting...yep, it's a zin! (I wonder if I could be a zin Buddhist.)
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment