Monday, December 5, 2011

High Fiber—More Holiday Projects

Christmas presents need finishing up. This week found several projects almost finished. I'm making a book for Daphne, telling her all about her first year of life featuring photos taken by family members.



I'm using the MacBook for this. It's a function of the iPhoto program. You can also use Shutterfly or other services for this, but I found this one easiest for me to use. You can get more information  here.

I finished the second sleeve of the Prayer Cardi for DBIL. I still need to sew it together and make the front band. I wanted a change, so I CO the  Mitones Ivoñes. One is finished. The pattern is from Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski. 




It needs blocking. I'll try to post a photo when the pair is done and blocked. Unfortunately, there are some mistakes in the chart, so I ended up frogging the hand and thumb gusset. If I were making these mittens again, I would move the thumb over a bit.

Common Threads met on Thursday. I always learn a lot from this group. Lynda brought a hat she had made from her handspun leftovers.




The pattern is stranded, but she put the stranding on the outside. It's a ponytail hat, with a button. She improvised the pattern.




Brenda has been making these frilly scarves. She says you can make one in a couple of hours. Last-minute gifts, anyone?




The pattern is Filatura di Crosa Tahki Stacy Charles.

She was using  Rozetti Marina yarn, which she says is softer, but it's acrylic. Now you have a choice, if you want to make this pattern. She is making some of these with the yarn called for in the pattern, which is very easy.

Lynda is trying to convert a pattern to knitting it in the round, but the hard part of the pattern is done on the back side. I suggested she knit it inside-out and then turn it. She tried it and it worked. Brainstorming is one of the best things about this group!

After our meeting, seven of us went to lunch at No Worries, the little Café at the entrance to our neighborhood. It was good we caught them during a slow time.

Saturday, Sunny and I visited a nursing home in West Jordan, UT, with a number of other teams from Therapy Animals of Utah. This facility isn't serviced during the year, so it was exciting for the residents.

DH and I got the tree up and decorated, and our holiday letter is done. I'm still hoping to get the binding on the Daisy Chain quilt before Christmas, but I have a lot of other things to do first. I'm expecting this to be another busy week!

What's on my needles: Finishing Mitones Ivoñes and DBIL's Prayer Cardi.
What's on my iPad: Knit Picks Podcast, The Knit Wits Podcast and Anne McCaffrey's The Skies of Pern from Audible.
What's my app of the week: On my MacBook, iPhoto and the projects function.
What's in my wine glass: Velvet Moon 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon. Lovely.

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the Notes app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment