Monday, December 19, 2011

High Fiber—Happy Holidays, Part One

Remember Brenda and her scarves from two weeks ago? Lynda was bitten by the bug!



The pattern is available from Tahki Stacy Charles and is called Filatura di Crosa. She has become the queen of scarves, and has her gift list taken care of. We had our knitting group meeting a few days ago. This shows what happens when you go to a group meeting or participate in a group online: You find out things.

This week I finished up the Daisy Chain quilt. I sewed the binding on and ran it through the washer and dryer. This was my first quilt with wool batting, and I love how it crinkled up. It's warm, too!



A more important project was the Prayer Cardi. It's done!



The Prayer Cardi was started by DSIL when she was ill with cancer. She asked me to finish it for her. I'll try to get a photo of it being worn. In the meantime, here's something Christmasy:



This tree is a metal frame covered with 1,200 8" squares knitted by several knitting groups and is on display at St. Aldhelm's Church in Poole, Dorset, UK. After Christmas, the squares will be sewn together to make blankets for the needy in Sri Lanka and Romania. You can read more about it  here.

This week will be spent cooking and cleaning, with time out for Silver Sneakers, the exercise class DH and I go to twice a week, and Sunny's and my final visit to the nursing home before Christmas. Friday DS2 and his DW fly in for the holidays. I can hardly wait!

What's on my needles: Lots of UFOs, including the Yei Figures Bag, which has been moving along slowly.
What's on my iPad: Christmas music, and finishing up The Skies of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
What's my app of the week: The NORAD Santa app, of course! I will be using it to track Santa's progress as he spreads toys and holiday cheer across the globe!
What's in my wine glass:  Gold Rush Red from Val D'Or. Another nice one

Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. (I used the Notes app to write it.) No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment