Saturday, June 4, 2011

High Fiber--Spring at Last! Not Kidding This Time

The pups are enjoying their walks:



If they look a little scruffy, it's because they were due to go to the groomer today. Poodle fiber, spinners?
We certainly have had enough rain and snow to last us! The seasonal streams are flowing full force, and the snow is disappearing. There is none left in our yard. In fact, snow is so scarce, I saw a man removing snow from the short street that's closed every winter for snow storage. I don't know if he was stealing it or trying to get the road open!
Some things uncovered by the disappearance of the snow include these vole burrows:



I assume they construct them so they can get around under the snow without getting too cold. They probably live deeper in the ground, because these will disappear, leaving no trace. Or maybe the voles pack up the kids and head northward in their little trailers....
More rain last week brought us this:



We just happened to be on the road, coming back from Home Depot, when we spotted this. We had a perfect view of it because the land is fairly flat along this highway.
Spring has brought some excitement into the lives of the DGDs. DGD1 graduated from high school last Thursday. She's the second from the left. Off to college in the fall!



DGD2 is on vacation in Texas, as you probably know if you read last week's blog. She and her family went to Galveston, where she enjoyed the sun and wind.



They did a lot of walking, and her feet were sore.




Daphne is trying to take after her DGM, who can put both feet in her mouth at once and keep talking. (You didn't know I was that limber, did you?) But Daphne has outstanding technique and will no doubt excel at it eventually.
Yes, it is spring at last! We have the wildflowers to prove it! Here's the Yellow Columbine.



Then we have Mule's Ear, which is prettier than the name:



DBIL's cardigan may be done in time for summer. I now have the left front done up to past attaching the pocket. Just a straight shot to the armhole.



Will spring continue? Will more wildflowers grace the mountains of Utah? What will the pups look like after their grooming appointment? Tune in next week to find out the answers to this, and maybe more knitting, spinning and quilting.

What's on my needles: DBIL's cardi and a felted bag for my MacBook, and I'm working on my applique project again for a special quilt.
What's on my wheel: The Louet Olive Green Corriedale, bobbin #2. Getting fuller.
What's in my hoop: The languishing hand-pieced quilt.
What's on my iPad: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
What's on my iPod: Various podcasts, still including The Sweater Quest by Adrienne Martini, read by the author.
What's my app of the week: Dean Koontz. (Yes, the famous author has an app!) I use it to find out when sequels are due to come out. That was how I learned that Frankenstein: The Dead Town was coming out. It's out now, and I downloaded it from Audible.
What's in my wine glass: TapeƱa Tempranillo 2009, from Spain. (Vino de la Tierra de Castilla.)
Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and MacBook working together, but no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment