Monday, April 6, 2020

Who Was That Masked Man?

I've been busy making masks this week. I started out with this style.


Then someone said "no elastic," so I switched to this one.


Than our local hospital came up with a pattern they wanted, so I switched again. This one has a place for a filter, and if you look closely, you can see a place for a wire to fit around the top of the nose.


Here's a look at the slot for the wire. The pencil shows where I backstitched and skipped to leave an opening for them to put in the wire.


The hospital will be providing their own wire and filter for each mask.

I wondered what I was going to do with all those masks I slaved over, and someone in my church asked for masks of any type for the Central Oregon Veterans' Outreach. She picked up a dozen for them from my front deck yesterday.

DH has finished putting the hardware on the kitchen cabinets. Here are a few shots of the FO.


Rocky likes to photobomb.


Another view.


The buffet. Now he will have to do the bathrooms. It's so much easier to open drawers and doors now!


We happened to buy this cart a few weeks ago. It's coming in handy as a "dirty" surface when we bring groceries in. We pull the cart out a few inches, put the bags there first, as we take out and sanitize each item, which goes to a clean countertop to await being put away. Then we sanitize the surface of the cart when we're done. It's clean right now, but the bags sitting on it now are the masks I finished that will be mailed to family members when DH goes to the PO this week.


Since I finished my cardigan, I had to start a new project. This is the Roadside Beanie from a kit I bought during the Rose City Yarn Crawl at For Yarn's Sake in Beaverton. (That was literally the last time I was out of my neighborhood!)


I ordered a kit for another hat from the same place. That one will be for DH.

I have been getting Daphne's doll ready to send off. I think she has enough clothes. Because I'm making masks, I raided the doll closet, but she also brought some things with her. I'll take photos before I send her off.

Church services are virtual. They send out a link to the bulletin, and rather than print it, I pull it up on my iPad.


Our weekly Zoom session with the family included my BIL, who is back in town after his trip to Arizona.

We still walk when we can. Mostly these are the only neighbors we see:



I feel sorry for people who are already going stir-crazy. I'm happy to stay at home, where it's safe, and do my things. 


What's on my needles: The Bend in the Road Beanie. I'm using this pattern. It's Colorway #3.

What's on my sewing machine: Masks!

What's in my hoop: Still the Whole Cloth Quilt. Another week with no progress.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Playing at a Distance. Jolena misses her friend, who has moved away, and Billy shows her how she can still play with her friend at a distance.

What's on my iPad/iPhone: I finished The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith. Then listened to Certain Woman of an Age by Margaret Trudeau, which was hilarious but also made me cry. Now I'm listing to Devoted, Dean Koontz's latest novel. I'm almost done with it.

What's in my wine glass: Terra d'Oro Zinfandel 2016. One of our new favorites.

What's my tip of the week: There are a lot of fun things for kids, now free because they are stuck at home. Audible has some free stories in four languages (at least) that are available for free. Harry Potter fans will be interested in the new Wizarding World Website (WWW).



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment