Thursday, April 9, 2020

Boy Makeover Haircut With Rooted Hair

Here's how Billy got his second haircut:

I washed the hair, then, while it was still wet, I separated the bottom row of roots and hair from the rows above it. Then I trimmed the bottom row to about 1/2". It will stick out, but we will deal with that later.


Then I did the same thing with the sides.


The next rows were cut by combing small VERTICAL sections of  hair away from the head and trimming them:


Here you can see the back is done:


I continued around both sides and the front:


Here's how it looked in back:


Here it is in front:

Then I put a wide elastic band around the head while the hair was still wet:


I pulled the rubber band down under his nose, so it wouldn't mash his eyelashes.


Here he is with the hair dry.


Here's a view from the side....


....and the back:

I found it helps to use a glue stick around the edges of the back and sides. I did this when the hair was dry, then put the rubber band on again. This will need to be redone if the hair is washed again, because glue stick washes out.

If you aren't happy with it when it's done and you can't fix it, you can always shave it off and get a wig.

No comments:

Post a Comment