Monday, November 20, 2023

Repair Shop

I'm supposed to stay offline as much as possible to limit screen time, which means no watching TV. I'm almost deaf (temporarily, I hope), so I can't really hear audiobooks well or the TV. I'm supposed to stay off my feet. I'm also supposed to avoid sticking with one activity for too long. I can sleep, eat soft foods, read and knit, and that's about it. So this happened.


Sandy decided to try my reading glasses. I guess he couldn't get them to work, so he tried to "fix" them. They came from a place on the other side of town, but I'm not supposed to drive. I had another pair of glasses for the computer (the brown frame) with an old prescription, so I wasn't using them. They're the same frame, but a different color. Charlie took both to Costco and got the optical department to switch the lenses to the brown frame. Ta-da! It cost nothing to do and only took about a minute.

I finished the book I was reading from my own library and had Charlie pick up this one from our local library. It's interesting so far.

I got a little knitting done. Just a few more increases to the straight knit part. It's rather boring to just sit and knit stockinette with no cables or colorwork.

The quilter has finished Soren's quilt, and I could have picked it up. I explained my accident and that I wasn't finished with Johan's yet, and she was very nice about it. It shouldn't take too long to finish, though. I need the backing and kept thinking I could get someone to take me to the store to get some fabric, but finally I just ordered from Joann's. This is on its way to me, and I got $1.99 shipping with a coupon. All I will have to do is wash, dry and press, because it's wide fabric, intended for backing.


I had a visit with my doctor on Thursday. She wants me to see a neurosurgeon. I will have lots of doctor visits coming up. At least no one is coming for Thanksgiving this year.


I have a lot of difficulty responding to comments to my blog posts because of technical issues beyond my control (my lack of understanding of how things work). Message me on Facebook, Ravelry or Spoutible if you need information.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Our Favorite Verses: Poems from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart". Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of any of our books, including Emil, Mariah or Classic Tales Retold, please leave an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.


Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Still the Kultainen käki cardigan, the EmPower People Kerchief (hibernating) and the Happier Days Shawl, the Mystery KAL for the Rose City Yarn Crawl 2024.

What's on my loom: I didn't make any progress on the placemats, for some reason.

What's on my sewing machine: Johan's quilt.

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Happy Hanukkah, Charlotte. This was our first Hanukkah celebration after the beginning of The Doll's Storybook in 2018. If you know a child who should know what Hanukkah is about, this explains the history behind the celebration and the traditions connected with it. It's another reedited rerun.


What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Die Unendliche Geschichte by Michael Ende. Now listening to Prequel by Rachel Meadow. I'm missing a lot, because of my hearing, so I'll probably listen to it again when and if I get my hearing back. One of my doctors told me I could use ear buds if they weren't turned up too loud.

What's in my wine glass: J Joyce Eloise Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina, 2019. I can't evaluate the bouquet, because I've lost most of my sense of smell, but the taste and feel are excellent!

What's my tip of the week: I was told that the battery in my old iPhone went bad because the phone was overcharged too often. I'm trying to be more careful with my new phone. When I plug it in to charge, I set the timer for 20 minutes, so I remember to check on it. I disconnect the charging cord before it gets to 100%.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with a few changes. 
Our Favorite Verses: Poems from The Doll's Storybook is available from the BookBabyBookshop and other booksellers worldwide. Poems included are Valentine's DayKeeping PetsBack to School, Victor the VultureThe Week Before Christmas, Insomnia and Veronika's Vocabulary Verses.
The stories in Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are Little Green GreatcoatThe Boy Doll Who Cried Wolf and Lost in the Woods.
Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook and Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are also still available from booksellers. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories in Emil are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
The three stories in Mariah are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>  

No comments:

Post a Comment