Monday, November 21, 2022

Into the Closet

The cedar closet is almost finished.



The old wood, which we have carried around since we did another closet in about 1986 or so, is on the two side walls. The new wood is on the back wall. We will have shelves where we can store our knitted things.

I donated some of my books to the church bazaar and had my first book signing. It was a fun day.




I took Pauly's turtleneck sweater to work on during the bazaar. I'm ready for the bottom ribbing.


I found out Sunday morning that someone at the bazaar had tested positive, so I was glad I had worn a mask most of the time I was there. She was with me for only a very short time during the event, so I think I'm OK, but I decided to wear a mask at church just in case, to protect others.

Alexa came on Sunday and sang with us.


The family came for Thanksgiving and arrived after the bazaar was over. Here's Soren, reading in our daybed.



If you have a few minutes and are willing, please go to Amazon and B&N and search for "Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook by Peggy Stuart" in Children's. Every click on the page for the book makes it more likely they will keep a good supply in their warehouse and stores. If you are outside the US, you may have a separate website for these retailers. If you have a copy of our other books, Emil and Mariah, please leave an honest review on the websites, especially if you bought from them.

Where's my blog: If you want to follow my blog, go here and sign up to follow.

What's on my needles: Besides Pauly's turtleneck, still the Hinterland Pullover (had to frog the second sleeve back to the PU, so no progress made) and the EmPower People Kerchief (hibernating).

What's on my loom: Still dust, but I still plan to make some placemats. Stay tuned!

What's on my sewing machine: Still ready for back of T-shirt quilt.

What's in my hoop: Whole Cloth quilt, still no progress..

What's in The Doll's Storybook: Too Tiny To See, a "look" at the atom.


What's on my iPad/iPhone: Now listening to Plan for the Worst by Jodi Taylor

What's in my wine glass: Ebro 2019 Spanish Tempranillo. Outstanding.

What's my tip of the week: Masks are still useful, not just for Covid, but also for colds and flu.

Where are my books: The stories in each book first appeared in the blog and they are reproduced with a few changes. 
Classic Tales Retold: Stories from The Doll's Storybook is available from BookBabyBookshop and other booksellers worldwide. The stories are Little Green GreatcoatThe Boy Doll Who Cried Wolf and Lost in the Woods.
Emil: Stories from The Doll's Storybook and Mariah: Stories from The Doll's Storybook are also still available from booksellers world wide. The link for Book Baby is hereThe three stories in Emil are Best BudsGetting What You Want, and The Boys Cook Dinner.
The three stories in Mariah are Being LittleBesties, and Distraction.
If you don't get free shipping from Amazon or B&N, buy from the BookBabyBookshop, because 50% of the price goes to St. Jude. Other booksellers pay much less. 



Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.

<a class="blsdk-follow" href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/highfiber-7365001" target="_blank" data-blsdk-type="button" data-blsdk-counter="false">Follow</a><script>(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = "https://www.bloglovin.com/widget/js/loader.js?v=1";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "bloglovin-sdk"))</script>

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7365001/?claim=kkvctsdtf4n">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

No comments:

Post a Comment